I'll be profiling a Bludotone High Plains Drifter and a Two Rock Kimock this week!

• A friend of mine owns both a Bludotone High Plains Drifter and a Two Rock Kimock head.
    He's offered to let me profile them both sometime this week. Exact date TBD.

I'll likely have them running through either a 1x12 with an EV12L or a 2x12 with ASW KTS70 speakers.

For mics it'll probably be a combo of an SM57 and a Royer.

Let me know if you have any specific requests or questions. I'll make sure to let you know when the profiles are uploaded.

:)

• :D Great Captainbrew !!!!!

do people know these amps are rare and difficult to get ? and they are modern takes of DUMBLE ?

It made months i didnt write anything on forum . . it was your post , that made me to interrupt silence, hehe . Watching only a few replies on your proposal for profiling those beautifull amps ! I think comunity should love profiles of those lovelly amps . I think they are very difficult to find, so you are lucky man , specially the Bludotone Amps Hi-Plains Drifter, which is very expensive in real life, and has a very long list of wait time to get it.

The Hi-Plains Drifter is a single-channel, 150-watt amplifier with spring reverb designed for the bluesy rock players of the SRV and Eric Johnson school. Bludotone's Brandon Montgomery describes the amp's tone as "going from a sparkly, spankin' clean to a medium roar overdrive, but still retaining the guitar's original tone. Even though the amp is 150 watts, it still produces those overdriven tones at a reasonable volume... it doesn't have to be loud, but it sure likes to be loud."

So please bring some Great Blues Profiles !! a la SRV, Eric Johnson and Mayer Styles ! :D

Two Rock Kimock head

only 25 were made !! :D

Steve and Bill recently teamed up to develop the Kimock Signature amplifier, an incredible tone machine that contains a mix of new, old, out of production, and custom components each individually chosen to produce the most toneful, responsive, articulate and musically inspiring Two-Rock amp to date. Only 25 units will be available due to parts scarcity.

• I too don't post often, but I visit daily and this has me super pumped! These amps are very rare, and their profiles will fill a hole in the KPA community. That being, the SRV/Mayer Dumble tone that can totally be had with the Bludotone. Since you asked, my suggestion is to not do the Ford D sound on the Bludotone since its SSS based. Going with the KTS 70s and a Strat with the HPD would be the best rout, and try making a few with a Tube Screamer slightly boosting it for for their low gain stuff. It would also be nice to have a mixture of profiles with the Hi/Mid/Low switches being on/off since they make a huge difference, and maybe some with all the settings at noon. And for those not familiar with the Bludotone, check out this absolutely pristine tone! Thank you so much for doing this:-)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• update - I might not be able to get the profiles done this week. Might be pushed back to next week depending on my friend's availability this week.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I plan on doing the profiles with a nice strat, Les Paul and a Colliings 335 type guitar and I won't be adding any post EQ or effects.

• update - I might not be able to get the profiles done this week. Might be pushed back to next week depending on my friend's availability this week.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I plan on doing the profiles with a nice strat, Les Paul and a Colliings 335 type guitar and I won't be adding any post EQ or effects.

take your time , and make sweet profiles when possible! we will love them for sure ! Find some sweet spot for the mikes combo , that is balanced , and go for it . cheers

• For mics it'll probably be a combo of an SM57 and a Royer.

Heavy on the Royer and lighter on the SM57 would be my request so it is more smooth. What Royer will you be using?

Let me know if you have any specific requests

There are many variations within that amp so the possibilities could drive you crazy. We will just have to trust your choices...may the force be with you.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Hey Captain Brew, we are excited by the upcoming profiles, so one request. If you can, try the new hidden features for amp and cab separation when profiling, as Burkhardt spoke of in his announcement. There is a pdf about it. It's not everyday that you will have such an opportunity with these amps, and the new method sounds like the way to do it. Maybe do it the "old way", and the new way!

Please find detailed information related to these new profiling features and links to experimantal firmware in the attached document:
    dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55…s and Merged Profiles.pdf

Caution: Profiles created leveraging this new Profiling format are not downward compatible and may not be shared with un-informed users. Don’t offer these commercially before official release. The new Profiles could generate noise or other trouble if used with elder firmware revisions. Consequently Rig Exchange doesn’t accept their upload for the time being.

• I`ll be profiling the amps once 3.0 comes out officially.
    It will be nice to get perfect cab separation as I and many others use guitar cabs live.

Sorry for the delay but this is still happening. I`ll keep you all posted.