It just keeps getting better and better

• Every time I turn my toaster on I am amazed by something new. But never more than 30 minutes ago. To wit:

I play a lot of Sabbath tunes and that means a separate guitar tuned down to C# standard, which presents all kinds of tension and tuning stability issues. Even with 12-gauge strings I still don't get the tension I have with 9-46 in Standard tuning, and the thick strings are uncomfortable to play. "If only I could have the string gauge and tension of my standard tune guitar but in C#" I say to myself every day.

Well, I just discovered the Transpose effect and with the turn of a knob I get 3 semitones down for Snowblind, then back up to D# Standard for Headless Cross, and then back down again for Into the Void. And it actually sounds better than my dedicated C# guitar because I get a fuller tone and more sustain because the tension is just right. I've never cared for the pedals that try to accomplish this, hence the C# only guitar. No surprise that the folks at Kemper were able to get it right.

What a great time to be a guitarist! :thumbup:

• Honestly, it didn't matter what I tried, I couldn't get the same feel, and the sustain just wasn't as good. Always felt like there was something missing. Problem solved now.