New profiling (Better cab separation)

• Christmas is coming... we will get present. :P
    Not mentioning MW rig pack.... (chuckle) (btw. do we have chuckle smiley here on the board?)
    Smelling like childhood! Nice! :rolleyes:
    Studying the document right now.
    Can't wait for first profiles made with this.

• Total Amp / Cab separation!!! OH MY GOD, BRING IT!!!!

Until now I avoided "merged" profiles as I found that the cab factor played a bigger role than the amp, resulting in a "same-ish" sound between profiles using the exact same cabinet. I'm hoping this development is going to be a real game changer!

• Would be interesting to find out about some of the other innovations too, such as the Artist mode, which appears now to be an intentional Easter Egg. Would like to know what it's for, since a lot of users report great results with it.

I'm also curious to know what else is coming in 3.0. It does seem like a good occasion to invest in something like a Camplifier right about now, wish I had the dough, but planning to go for the KFC before anything else.

• Hi!

Yesterday I did some test with my amp and a DI Box and the results are awesome, but I'm missing something.

The procedure was:
    - Activate the new profiling mode.
    - Setup everything in order to capture both DI and amp+cab+mic profile.
    - Profile the DI first. The KPA automatically disabled the CAB when profiling so it was detecting that a DI amp was profiled. The result was perfect. Save the profile.
    - Back to Browse mode, save the DI profile into a new one.
    - Enter in profile mode again. Profile the whole chain. Save it.
    - Back to browse mode and push the cab button. Copy.
    - Open the DI profile. Paste. Activate the check about merging the cab. Save.

The tone of the final profile was perfect! The gone of the DI profile was perfect too! But, If I disable the cab from the final profile while using the main outputs, the tone if very different from the DI profile. Am I doing someting wrong? Or does this new amp cab separation only work when using the main outputs for the whole chain and the monitor for the DI profile?

Thank you!

Saludos!
    Paco

• This is great news!
    Have not tried yet but read through the instructions and just want to mention that there is some amps out there that has a Di feature and don't need a separate di box.
    For example most mesa boogie amps has a slave out and that signal is tapped from speaker, some mesa it's called direct out, there is a bunch of other brands that has that feature on some models (have seen it on vht amps and they called it line out).
    It is a good idea to read you manual before ordering a separate di box (you might already have the feature), the results should be the same but i have never owned a separate di box and have never compared myself.

Have done some profiles myself through slave out in the past and that has worked great.
    When doing profiles from slave out you must have a speaker connected!!!

• I cant answer your question, but i will look at that soon when i found the time.
    I´m testing that feature since a while with good but not perfect results. I still have a difference between the Studioprofile and the Merged DI Profile. They sound extreme close, but i have a tiny loss in some highmids when i compare them. I get them both to cancel each other for about 98-99%. Not a bad thing...still good and usable. I think it has to do with the used DI box...have to test some more. I´m currently only have a Behringer Ultra G-100 :D
    What i found out..when you save that merged cabinet...its really "the cab only"...without any other amp colour..what is a good thing ;)

But i think with that new way of profiling..a lot of guys using FRFR stuff will now think again about a Real Cab..to have the Real thing on stage :D

I currently have merged Profiles from the Jim Root Orange, the JVM combo..the Powerball 1..and a EVH Head. I lost my Speakon connection for my camplifier..so i still cant check how they sound on real cab. I will hopefully have a new one this weekend :) if someone is interested to test how they sound on real cab...hit me up and send me a personal mail ;)

• This is great news except having spent lots of cash on TAF profiles which will all need to be done again!

Would they really need to be redone? I think the profiles will sound like they always have, it's just that they won't be direct profiles. Which does kind of suck, agreed, but hopefully Andy (and other commercial profilers) will have some ideas.

• Would they really need to be redone? I think the profiles will sound like they always have, it's just that they won't be direct profiles. Which does kind of suck, agreed, but hopefully Andy (and other commercial profilers) will have some ideas.

Oh, i'm sure they'll still work, but obviously you won't get the benefits offered by the new profiling methods, is what i meant.

• I cant answer your question, but i will look at that soon when i found the time.
    I´m testing that feature since a while with good but not perfect results. I still have a difference between the Studioprofile and the Merged DI Profile. They sound extreme close, but i have a tiny loss in some highmids when i compare them. I get them both to cancel each other for about 98-99%. Not a bad thing...still good and usable. I think it has to do with the used DI box...have to test some more. I´m currently only have a Behringer Ultra G-100 :D
    What i found out..when you save that merged cabinet...its really "the cab only"...without any other amp colour..what is a good thing ;)

But i think with that new way of profiling..a lot of guys using FRFR stuff will now think again about a Real Cab..to have the Real thing on stage :D

I currently have merged Profiles from the Jim Root Orange, the JVM combo..the Powerball 1..and a EVH Head. I lost my Speakon connection for my camplifier..so i still cant check how they sound on real cab. I will hopefully have a new one this weekend :) if someone is interested to test how they sound on real cab...hit me up and send me a personal mail ;)

Did you try Amp Di profiles with impulse response?