Lunchbox led's dying :-(

• So i've been a happy kemper for just over two years. In the last couple of weeks the LEDs have begun to fail one by one on my lunchbox.
    ive raised a support ticket, and am waiting to hear from Kemper. The question is as it doesn't affect the sound is it worth getting this fixed, or will it just eventually happen again? I can't imagine being without my Kemper for any numer if weeks.

i guess I should get it done sooner rather than later though as I'm into the last 11 months of my warranty.

any of you guys had this fixed?

Cheers
    Mike

• I've had mine for close to 3 years now and I've lost 9 or 10 leds so far. I've decided to just let it be. I don't really need leds to tweak it and I can't see myself selling it either.

• Sorry to hijack this thread... anyone knows if - lets say the warranty has already ended - it is easy to get a kemper repaired? I have an amp tech that occasionally also repairs stuff like gmajors and so on.... I just wonder how reliable the kemper is and what happens after lets say 3 years. At the moment I am thinking of buying a second kemper as backup for live usage. Spending another 1.500 bucks has to be justified on the long run. My tube amps will last for decades (one of my rack power amps is an ENGL made in the mid 80s) so I am just curious if spending 100-200 bucks will get my kemper repaired - no matter what happened.

Experiences / thoughts?

• I have to wonder about this - I can't say I've ever had a piece of gear where the LED's have died on me, although one went down recently on my lunchbox after two years of use. I'm seeing MTBF for LED's in the 20,000 to 100,000+ hour range (assuming they're not overdriven) - I wonder if it's not the LED drivers that are failing, at any rate they were problematic enough to be done away with in the rack version. Any repair techs care to comment?

-djh

• IIRC the issue was due to a batch of defective "controllers" for the LED system, not to the LEDS in themselves.
    Things happen. I've never seen a defective window roller on a car in my life, but on my Seat Ibiza Sport (Wolkswagen Group) they were defective from factory on both sides. All the 2001 series was called back and the devices substituted under warranty :rolleyes:

:)