Top Jimi: '74 Marshall Super Lead

• We're excited to offer profiles of an original '74 Marshall 100W Super Lead. This amp went straight from the studio into Jimi's private collection. As far as gain, it falls somewhere in between the '68 Super Lead and the '78 Marshall Mark II Lead. It's a bit brighter than the '68 as well, with more top-end bite. Covers territory from slightly crunchy to the "Wall of Marshalls" tone we know and love. A fantastic amp!

Treat yourself to a vintage Marshall for Black Friday!

Video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HQ Audio

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks again you guys!! Superb profiles..once again! Already loaded the "Low" and "Medium" profiles to my live arsenal..right along side the 68 Plexi from you guys. These were exactly what I was wanting for medium "Marshall on 7" tones..subtle difference from your 68 Plexi, but are so far my favorite Marshalls. Thanks again!!!! ....Dont mean to push, but didnt you have some more small Tweeds coming?....cant wait...:)

• Hey Top Jimi,Honestly, I think this is your best Marshall to date! I just put together a quick cover clip of Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel the Noize using the "High 5" for rhythm and "Max 4" for the lead. I hope I did your profiles well here. Like I said, I think this is your best Marshall set to date! Great job!!

External Content soundcloud.com

• If someone asks me, who does best Marshall Profiles then you get the answers right here, WOOOW. Really FAT Marshall sound.From Jimmy Page - AC / DC -Kiss - Van Halen. Buy this one and you have everything. Top Jimi, you're real ROCKER! Thank you so much !!

• wow, yeah. i was listening to the clips and thinking, this thing sounds perfect. Like the '68 taken to the next level. Glad to hear I'm not hearing things differently than everyone else. Time to bust my TJ cherry. I'm thinking the '74 Super Lead and a Fender Dual Showman modded to Blackface, or the Deluxe Reverb.

• Hey Jimi!

This is one of the best Marshall profiles I've ever played. Not most of them, all of them sounds good. Congrats and thanks :thumbup:

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• cranked these up tonight. very, very good stuff. I think I like the #2 sounds the best - got a good little bite to it. Not sure if I like the High or Max ones best. I do a nice mid-hump boost into it ala EVH and crank up tube shape and bias a bit and it gets very EVH sounding. I also boost the treble and presence a bit to get it real bright and crunchy.

the value on this pack is insane. You get I think 33 profiles for $8 - and they ALL sound good (albeit some sound quite similar). Multiple profiles for clean, low, mid, high, and max volume/distortion. try to get clips up after vacation.

• Hey Jimi, any chance of some darker profiles? Out of my three main guitars, only one seems work with the profiles without any tweaks. The profiles are a bit trebly with my other two guitars. I'm even using the darker 78 Marshall profile.

Cheers!

• I am lucky to own a plexi clone with 2xKT88. And it has a punch, no profile has come near, except your Marshalls!
    Seems to be labour of work, does it not? :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.