The Kemper has improved my mixes - your stories?

• Hello all,

I have recorded a lot of songs at home and previously used Sansamp technology. The songs in many respects sounded fine. However, there was an element of my mixes that just was not quite right. I wasn't necessarily thinking it was the guitars that were responsible but I would be tweaking the solos especially to give them clarity and impact.

When I purchased a Kemper one of my main considerations was the convenience of having everything in one box rather than endless stompboxes and sansamps in a spaghetti junction. I expected the sound of my guitar tracks to improve, but I was not sure how they would affect the mix as a whole.

Now we all know that mixes depend on various elements, drums, bass, vocals, eq etc. However, I have noticed that replacing my guitar tracks with Kemper tracks has breathed a life into the mixes and added some of that 'gel' that I thought was perhaps down to my mixing ability.

There is some of that 'weight' and presence there that feels like an amp in a room which adds that excitement and brings them closer to the sort of sound I would expect from a studio recording. This is not to say that I am not going to keep some of the sansamp tracks. They are serviceable - but for solos and adding extra magical layers to the recording the Kemper has been great so far.

I was wondering your stories. Because sometimes I think we can underestimate how amp sounds affect the mix as a whole. Have others noticed a big improvement even when they thought their prior tracks were pretty good?

• Others (namely the re-ampers) will disagree with me which is fine but the greatest benefit I got from the profiler when recording was being finally able to actually commit to a recorded sound without thinking 'maybe I put On a different plug in there later'.
    Getting the guitar sound right from the source and really perceiving it made my recording process much more fluent and effective.

• I completely agree - I actually think that re-amping is destructive to my creative process and probably many others. I think the benefit of re-amping is when you perhaps don't have your favoured amp sound to hand (if you are recording away from your own environment) and can add it later. But as a means to decide tones I think it leads to procrastination.

The Kemper has allowed me to get those authentic tones without feeling like I want to tweak later.

• Personally my mixes are really better now beacause I know which amp I need, and I got it all in a box, and it's credible. So the rest of the mix is credible too, it doesn't sound fake and whatever I do with plug ins, if the roots are good, the sound will be nice.