Make it possible to recall stomp and effect presets by MIDI commands

• It'd be great if you could recall stomp and effect presets by MIDI commands.

That way you could program a footswitch to, for example, choose between a few different delay presets while staying on the same rig.

• Are you requesting that you be able to assign a MIDI number to a previously saved/named group of STOMPS or EFFECTS? This could be a bit complex, as turning each one of these on/off requires that they be in a particular position, and the MIDI controls for these would vary based on the actual FX involved ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• It'd be great if you could recall stomp and effect presets by MIDI commands.

That way you could program a footswitch to, for example, choose between a few different delay presets while staying on the same rig.

I was able to do this using a Liquid Foot pedalboard:

Pressing a button would send each of the effect parameters as a series of NRPN messages and reprogram the slot. Unfortunately, this doesn't choose effect presets actually, it sends all the parameters so the preset has to be reverse engineered into the NRPN messages. It takes about 5-10 minutes for me to do each preset this way.

• Sounds like a good idea, but I often get confused over user's needs to remain within the same profile while effecting changes.

I'd much more prefer a tap tempo myself for the delay. Or even expression pedal control of delays. This kind of feature you suggested would work well with reverb on the other hand. But for other FX, I wouldn't see the purpose of this, since it would be more intuitive to call up a different performance altogether, imho.

This does look like it'll be a forthcoming feature though, given the KFC's abilities to send NRPN commands, as mentioned by Paults. I'm not too sure it'll be in the way of preset recall, but I do think they're going to give us more real-time control of various Kemper parameters from the floorboard. Perhaps this won't be limited to the KFC, given jgastineau's report.