Does anyone know the answer to this....

• Hi guys, Bit of an odd question but does anybody know when you submit a song to a well known artist, when you might find out if your song has been accepted or not. That was terrible English, I know but i'm sure you get the gist ;)

Let me start by saying the song was put in the direct hands of the head of the record label..and not some 'myspace', 'web promotion' competition. The album is due for release early next year but I havent heard anything back from the label or the person I submitted the song to.

Is it normal practice to just submit a song, then find out its on that persons album and then sort through future royalties? Or would an artist representative or the like get in touch with you prior to the record being released? I'm very confused by this process and I know there are many Kemper users who are industry experts who might be able to shine some light on the subject.

I should also add that this was not a simple 'yeah..the songs good..now p**s off' situation. The head of the label asked me to re-record it (just acoustic guitar and vocals) and was very positive about sending the song over... I think it is also important to note that this artist has sold more than 65 million records world wide.

I would be really grateful for the advice as im truely ignorant when it comes to the 'writing songs for somebody else' process!! Cheers in advance ;)

Edited 2 times, last by lucky ().

• AFAIK before the artist starts recording he would normally be advised to obtain your explicite content.
    Hearing nothing normally means the song is not used.
    But I'm no lawyer myself.
    I'd advise YOU to consult a lawyer yourself to stand in and negotiate for your interested.

• I'd always advise to protect your work via your local ways before sharing it. There are usually certified companies designated for the purpose, an example being the SIAE in Italy.