2 Badcat Hotcat 30 profiles: Bogner 2x12, API preamp, SM57

• Hey guys, my buddy profiled his badcat at his studio, and I thought I would share. I like them personally, not sure if they will replace my live profiles or not, but I can definitely see why people prefer profiles they did themselves with their setup, their guitar, and their playing etc. Two profiles, both on the OD channel, bass and treble about 1 oclock, brilliance and edge around the same, gain at noon for one, about 2 oclock for the other. One profile was done with my G&L ASAT special with MFD pickups (big fat sounding P90s basically, more output, thicker, brighter, more midrange, more grind/grit). The other with my les paul with burstbuckers. The cabinet is actually a custom shop bogner cab I believe, it has 2 12's, (vintage 30's) and 2 10s, kind of strange. The V30 was micd, with a 57 right where the paper meets the cone. If you do not like V30s, you will probably not like these, as they definitely sound like a V30 loaded cabinet. These are very raw, I tweaked them a tad (added alittle extra bass post EQ, and added a compressor up front with M britt compressor settings but that is). Again these were done to my friends preference, so take that into consideration. Monitored on Adam A7x monitors, and I've also played them through my Yamaha DXR 12's. The profile may have too much midrange for some with a les paul style guitar on the lower gain profile, but I could be just really splitting hairs here. I'm sure people are extremely hypercritical of their own profiles, but I do like it better with a tele style guitar or P90s. Also for what it's worth, these were both refined twice, and at the end my buddy couldn't tell which was his amp and what was the Kemper, I'd say this was 98-99 percent, if not 100 percent to all except the absolute most critical of listeners, authentic to the original amp through studio monitors.

On the rig exchange. Badcat Hotcat 30R and Badcat Hotcat 30R +

Edited once, last by VESmedic ().

• Also for what it's worth, these were both refined twice, and at the end my buddy couldn't tell which was his amp and what was the Kemper, I'd say this was 98-99 percent, if not 100 percent

Put the kemper and real track in the mix - add some eq comp - and limiter clipper on master bus - then you hear the differences :D

Stay Metal!

• I guess I'm confused by where you are going with this, what difference do you hear? I really am just curious, never heard this before.

you really do not hear that all profiles coming from Kemper have a common denominator? especially higain profiles, this is something that resembles the TS sound, even when the profile is not done with TS - but with a lot of amp gain - strange but I hear it :thumbup: Check also this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/f…s-orange-tiny-terror.html

Stay Metal!

• ehh, I dunno, not really sure I am in a position to say, as I have not profiled countless high gain amps myself. Obviously these profiles I uploaded are not super high gain though. I do think when you get to a certain amount of gain though many amps start sounding very much the same, atleast eerily similar under a mic atleast. But that's an entirely different topic all together really. Obviously plenty of records have been done in the metal world with the kemper now, but given how much EQ, compression, etc go into a mix and how guitars sit etc, no real way to tell what is the kemper and what isn't. In that situation obviously the guitar tones can sound extremely unique regardless of what is being used.

• Obviously plenty of records have been done in the metal world with the kemper now, but given how much EQ, compression, etc go into a mix and how guitars sit etc, no real way to tell what is the kemper and what isn't.

Yes, but - Unfortunately, we'll never know how it be sounded with a real amp - we can only believe it's the same. I think that it does not - it's just my opinion :thumbup: Sorry Again for OT!

Stay Metal!

• Am I missing something too? I think these sound good! Better than the others on the RE, but when I listen to it next to the Kemper Badcat tonecat I can hear that TS sort of influence.

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• Am I missing something too? I think these sound good! Better than the others on the RE, but when I listen to it next to the Kemper Badcat tonecat I can hear that TS sort of influence.

Thanks I figure most will like these, and
    I feel this thread got off topic from the start, so thanks for the kind words!