Yamaha DXR12

• I just got the Yamaha's DXR12, and I'm really happy with the sound.
    Only, with both levels on -10 on Monitor volume and Direct volume, the volume on both DXR12 is not the same...
    The volume of the direct output is less than on the monitor one...
    In the output source menu I set up both monitor and direct output on Master mono, do they must be recieving the same signal from the Kemper...
    Of course the volume on both DXR12 is the same...
    Anybody knows what could be the problem?
    Thanks for the help! ^^

• All is flat... :|
    Now, when setting the direct level (master left) on -30dB and the monitor level (master right) the volume balance seems equal...
    I must be doing something wrong... ;(
    On the Yamaha's there's enough power to compensate the volume loss on the direct level... but I'm sure there must be some solution for this specific problem...

The sound of the Yam's is fenomenal! 8o

Edited once, last by krikke ().

• a little resume... :)
    Main output connected with 2 XLR's to soundcard (or FOH when gigging...)
    Monitor output to Yamaha DXR12 left.
    Direct output to Yamaha DXR12 right.

In "output source"
    Main output = Master stereo
    Monitor output= Master left
    Direct output= Master right
    SPDIF= off

In "output volumes"
    Main volume= -15dB
    Monitor volume=-15dB
    Direct Volume=-15dB
    no volumes "linked"

Monitor output EQ all flat
    Main output EQ all flat

The DRX12 on the right has about the 1/2 volume compared to the left DRX12...
    When adjusting the Monitor volume to -30 dB both DRX12 have the same volume level...
    How can this be?

I used more than 1 profile to compare...
    The volume setting on the Yamaha's DRX12 is the same.
    I changed already the DRX12 from position, and the problem stays the same... Direct out is less loud on the same -15dB setting;;;

Help... ;(

• IMO the issue lays in the fact that the volume controls you're using and their meters do not give an absolute measurement, but just tell (and let you set) the attenuation at the output.
    I believe the two signals are different at the source.

But why not just set the volumes differently?

• My suggestion would be to set the Monitor Output from the KPA to 'Master Mono'
    As it is, you are only getting the left side, so it will sound weaker, particularly when stereo effects are in use.
    Hope this helps :)
    \m/

• Thanks for the reaction, guys.

@ Viabroce I read somewhere in the forum that the setup that I use (Mains stereo to FOH, and Direct out and monitor out stereo left and right) was the proper way to go... but never read anything about different levels... so I thought, there must be something I'm doing wrong...
    I can setup the levels at monitor -30dB and direct -15dB... or maybe -15dB - 0dB if the signal stays ok... ^^

@ Heavypick the profile(s) I was using have the guitar perfectly in the middle. When using delay or chorus, the effects are in stereo... but the guitar should be at the same level right and left? ?(

• Yesterday I mailed Kemper for the balance problem...
    Today, Mr Scheffler asked me to do a system reset, and the monitor output and the direct output are perfectly in balance now...
    (Power the profiler into Browser mode while holding down the SYSTEM button to initiate a System reset. You will need to verify date and time and reenter your username after the next bootup.)
    Nice to have a quick answer for the prob... 8o