So far Severely Unhappy

• Thanks for chiming in :)

I mean a switch to toggle the function on\off. Several soundcards have one.

This is Scarlett's mixer. When I chose this option "Zero latency tracking" I can hear what I play through Kemper connected to Scarlett by SPDIF. If this is Direct Monitoring for you :) There is no physical switch, just in software.

[Blocked Image: http://s29.postimg.org/tlnh6rwcn/aaa.jpg]

So according to this definition:

Direct Monitoring - Use 'direct monitoring' if supported by your soundcard. Direct monitoring is achieved completely in hardware, routing a copy of the input signal directly to the soundcard outputs, and so eliminating latency caused by the software buffer.

Yes, Scarlett 6i6 has Hardware Direct Monitoring - but you have to use software to switch that....

• Thanks again, yep, no problem with using the driver. It's just that if the switch is not present on the device itself, then you have to ask... or d\l the manual :)

I am Focusrite user since few years. First interface was Saffire 6 USB. It had physical switch on analog inputs to change from LINE to INST impedance level. Saffire 24 Pro DSP had this option on mixer, as well as Scarlett has. Just business thing :) producing button and placing in in chasis costs money, they put this into driver. Luckily VOLUME control still exists as real button ;)

• Phantom power on the XLR, although it's recommended to turn off when you're not driving a condenser, doesn't hurt the Kemper..

The danger is not when the cable is plugged in. It's when you pull it out or reinsert it. Basically the powered line comes in contact with other parts of the Kemper. Not a good idea at all.