Amp Settings

• Would it be safe to assume that if the amp parameter "definition" is set above 5.0 that the variable has been manipulated rather than left as profiled?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

Edited once, last by bshaw92 ().

• Not at all. A boosted amp may easily have this quite high. Many amps have a boosted, high gain sound all on their own, even without a pedal in front. Some have eq controls pre distortion. Some amps end up with this at 10, even if the sound isnt as "modern" as youd expect. Like a bogner uberschall.

That said i usually prefer to lower it when its high and use pre eq to sculpt the distortion tone very precisely

• Ok thanks. I have a similar amp profile that I am profiling. When profiling my amp I get a 3.3 reading instead of 6.1. I thought I read somewhere that definition above 50% pushed it into a realm that the amp would not normally reach....however upon looking again I see it is power sag that reads as such. Still wondering why one amp with similar (guessing of course because we never really know what setting are used...) settings produced a 3.3 versus a 6.1 from someone else. I still suspect some alterations from the initial profile, but that is just speculation on my part.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• The Profiler sets that value by listening to the incoming signal, you might just consider it arbitrary and call it a day :)
    What matters most is that the untouched profile sounds like the reference amp, and that any tweakable parameter on the Profiler has got excursion enough to let you tweak it to taste.