TAF-CustomShop 30 OUTNOW!

• Love your stuff Andy so don't take this question the wrong way but .......

Aren't there so so many other amps out there that you haven't profiled yet that might be a better use of your resources commercially ?

• I'll second that. Amps are like guitars, each one will have its own characteristics, especially these old ones.
    this amp may not be everyone's holy grail, but it will certainly be right up there for Beatles, U2 , fans.
    thanks for all your work hunting down these rare birds Andy.

• Robman,

I think the way to look at it is this: THIS particular VOX is iconic. And since people have different needs/preferences, the variety is more for the availability. You might only end up using 3-5 on the KPA, but you had the variety to choose from that works for your song and guitar and technique.

So whether it's worth it to the individual depends on how much that person digs VOX's and this one in particular.

As to how well something is worth Andy's time, well that's up to how many people buy it!

For me, I think the variety of Mic's is great, now all I need is for Andy to profile Geoff Emerick for me and we're done for this Christmas!

• Yes agree with the above, I have played through this amp when profiling, to play something that so many famous people have played from such an iconic studio was a real treat. But here's the thing, these profiles have captured exactly how this amp sounds, on the A/B tests I couldn't tell the difference between amp and profile. This amp is now captured for all to play for as long as there is Kemper. :thumbup:

• Just downloaded, had headphones on, almost took my head off. My kpa only transferred 20 rigs and only vox aclean r121-2, r121-3, and r121-4 work, the rest are just a squeeling mess, like everything is turned up to max. All other TAF/ other profiles work fine . Don't know what happened here
    EDIT........ Just downloaded again put them into rig manager, same problem

• Rundoverdog:
    Headphones all depend on the Ohms of course, but you gotta also put the Volume control low and go up from there. This is standard when trying any sort of studio hook-ups.

Your ears will be OK though as they have a physical ability to clam shut to prevent damage. It takes longer exposure to do permeant damage, i.e. more than 15 minutes of sustained 90+ dBs for a start.

ASIDE:
    I think what Andy doesn't get enough credit for is how you can take one of his amps and dial it authentic commercial tones with them. Many may not have such an ear, and lord knows I'm no expert. But when I've done it, only with TAF have I been able to do that realistically.

There are other profilers I love the sound of. But I just can't get others to ring in exactly what I'm looking for when matching my guitar heroes. Well, except that ONE free exchange profile, but we won't talk about her in public!

• I believe he's talking about the damaged rigs hurting his ears, as I had the exact same problem with the exact same profile... It was absolutely insanely loud and clipping, atleast 10x louder than other profiles and add the clipping almost made me jump out of my chair as well, this was on my yamaha DXR 12's

• Well i've just had a blast through these profiles and they all loaded fine no issues at all. What can I say the cleans are fantastic!!!!! and ive found some right gems in there also. There is a perfect muse sound for their song "Super massive black hole" its called VOX FX 1970 double fuzz totally love this profile, i'm even gonna use it in my set now for that particular song when we play it. :) Also I love the VOX STOMP TS909+ what a great distortion profile clear and defined. Nice work Andy an awesome set of profiles !!! Keep up the great work :)

• Just a small update. - been working with the team on a fix for the import bug. - I have that fix here, although not quite ready yet, but improvements have been made on this, and the rigs also sound as they should of done too. (much better)

It boils down to a EPIC fail from me, where I had a special function button turned on that I maybe should not have done on this profile set, this means that all the rigs are tied to that single format that 99% of the community does not have.

Due to it being my own mistake, I will reward everyone who has brought it with a very special gift that I will upload with the new files as soon as they become available to me.

I appreciate your frustration & patience, and will not rest easy untill a fix is out the door.

Thanks Hugh to Kemper team who rock my world as always!..

Thanks everyone!

• ABOUT THE FIX: Do I assume that if the rigs loaded fine to Rig Manager for me, and that I have had no trouble auditioning the rigs, that there is not need for a fix? In other words, does the "special function" issue Andy talks about affect the sound of the rigs, or just the ability to load them? Do I need to upload the new files?

Kemperfan

• Thanks,will try that, once my ears stop ringing :)

... WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!? ... :S

Your ears will be OK though as they have a physical ability to clam shut to prevent damage. It takes longer exposure to do permeant damage, i.e. more than 15 minutes of sustained 90+ dBs for a start.

Just to add what I believe is relevant to this... OT (LOL), it has been seen that the defensive mechanisms you refer to have a defined attack time (like a compressor). IOW, the really fast and impulsive noises, altho gifted with way less energy overall, are the most dangerous and they can eve burn the nerve terminations in the inner ear.
    Think for example of those scratches you can hear (here in Italy as well) on a home phone.

A 130 dB concert is less critical, it creates (if not frequently repeated) just a temporary hearing loss.

HTH

• I haven't had the problem with importing. I'm loving this set. Beautiful balanced tones that will be very useful for me.
    Before I bought my kemper I had a studio where I recorded a lot of guitar over dubs. I have a pretty sweet collection of vintage amps that are all special sounding (and were accumulated over 15 years of constant searching) but I used my 1964 fender deluxe reverb %99 of the time. I sold my studio and moved across the country (USA) to help my aging parents. I'm in a temporary situation now where I don't have a studio and the kemper has been a blessing. All this to say I miss my deluxe and I'd love a pack like this one but based on a killer old deluxe reverb. I have yet to find a deluxe profile that lives up to my girl.

• bought this yesterday and I love the pack, works really well with a strat and it's hard to stop playing :) .No problems with importing either, today I have a day off, so I know how I'll spend my day...

Thanks Andy for another great sounding pack, excellent work!

cheers, Arjan