Photos of amps/cabs in Rig Manager

• The Amp Factory profiles always have sweet glam shots of the amp/speakers on their website. I would *love* to have these alongside the profiles in Rig Manager.

I remember amps better by sight than just text (especially when an amp name is cleverly renamed to avoid copyright issues) - so it would help when browsing around and getting in the zone of picking an amp I want to use.

Thanks!

• Thankyou :)

However, as much as ID love to see this too, it will never happen. - we have to be careful of what we show.. we cant show any badges/logo's and in some cases the actual design of the amp we cant display (hence why some amps don't have pics for) - this would be a disaster for Kemper company, as they will risk breaching the law in copyright.

Then the only way of doing it would be to have a selectable palette of template images to choose from, i.e when you upload say a Twin, you can select a twin look-a-like image..but then going deeper, there are lots of twins that look very different, so that wont work so well :) and over time things will start to look very similar, plus will slow rigmanager down and make it GUI heavy (memory) - Plus, at some point need to add in user error by selecting thew wrong image, and before you know it its a big mismatch mess!

But hey, after saying all that, I still support you and agree with you! :)

• Agreed, it would be great to incorporate a pallette of pics of the most often used amps in RM.
    But copyrights make it very very difficult to use them openly.
    So it won't happen.

Yeah Ingolf you are right I think this would cause to many legal issues look at all the commercial profilers who have had to change all their pictures and names of profiles. I don't think the KPA team would want to risk any law suit being filed etc

• I can't see how Kemper could get sued for providing the functionality to attach a photo to a profile. I could see how this would work if they divorce themselves from any media and let the user dig up their own pics on the web. If the author of a profile told me the exact amp name, I can surely type it into google and find a pretty representative image and attach it to the correct profile in Rig Manager. If a user did have an embedded image in a profile they did themselves, just zero it out as a necessary step in uploading to the Rig Exchange. I think this would be fun, but I use a small tablet to run my Rig Manager, and it's already starting to bog down with the 5000+ profiles in the RE now. I can imagine what would happen if I started attaching hi res photos to those streamlined little kipr files.

• Yeah - I agree it's not a high priority feature (given that it would fall as a power user 'attach a pic' type thing to avoid copyright).

That said - wouldn't it be pretty sweet to browse actual pictures of the amps? We can dream!

• I can't see how Kemper could get sued for providing the functionality to attach a photo to a profile. I could see how this would work if they divorce themselves from any media and let the user dig up their own pics on the web. If the author of a profile told me the exact amp name, I can surely type it into google and find a pretty representative image and attach it to the correct profile in Rig Manager.

This.

BTW, nice avatar :thumbup: