Mission Gemini 1-P Series Pair

• We've had quite a few requests for this, so here it is. Connecting the amp output from PowerRack and PowerHead to more that one speaker is not feasible with 8 ohm systems connected in parallel, as the power amp in the Kemper is not rated for 4 ohms. Most passive FRFR speakers are 8 ohm single/4 ohm parallel, so you can only use one at a time. The Gemini 1-P Series Pair has a master and slave cabinet with a series 16 Ohm connection between them. So now you can use two FRFR cabs with the Kemper power amp. http://missionengineering.com/…ct=gemini-1-p-series-pair

• Thanks, seems quite useful for a number of scenarios :)

It's incorrect that the Power amp is not rated for 4 ohm tho: if hardly driven at that impedance, it's only easier that the overcurrent protection chimes is, determining a couple of seconds' muting.

Since using a 700-W amp maxed out and squeezing all its voltage out is not so frequent, most of the time using a 4-ohm loudspeaker system will work flawlessly.
    No danger of damaging the unit anyway.

:)

• Yep, you're right, better to be clearer due to potential criticalities.

I wrote "most of the time using a 4-ohm loudspeaker system will work flawlessly". I should have added for clarification that it's better not to push the unit to its ultimate volume @ 4 ohm. As Eng. Kemper wrote, "it will not break with lower volume".
    My point was that it's not "advised" to run @ 4 ohm, but "possible" nevertheless. Consider that a power amp rarely outputs its nominal voltage, if not in the transients and when every possible tone- and volume-related control is max'ed out,and it's driven by the highest possible input.

Summing up, if a player feels that their volume on stage is not enough, I'd not advise to use a 4-ohm cab. But, should anyone happen to own such a cab, it's possible to use it, if that makes sense :)

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify :)

• Thanks Gianfranco. Wasn't trying to diss you, but I have been agonizing a bit over it and was worried that a long enough high current transient at 4 ohms will damage the amp, so I have chickened out, have tried a Quilter 200 running two 8 ohm cabs and it works OK, but that is why I inquired about buying one of your amps for the Kemper, less gear I have to schlep to a gig the better! Please let me know when they become available again.

Many thanks! - Nick

• All is well :)

Camplifiers are a good solution, altho a bit more expensive than the Ambrosi ATMs.

I personally would buy one of those against a Kemper power amp just because of the nominal power aspect.
    After all, the whole Ambrosi adventure has begun because I was looking for an eve-less-powerful retrofit poweramp :)