Controlling Delay time with EXP pedal.

• +1
    All paramers should be assignable to a midi CC.

There are only 128 MIDI CC numbers. That would not be enough.

But, the Kemper responds to MIDI NRPN commands.

From the "User Manuals" download page:

Profiler MIDI Parameter Documentation

"The Kemper Profiler features more than 400 parameters. Of course, you can’t address them all with a standard MIDI controller message, where only 128 parameters can be adressed.Therefor the Kemper Profiler supports the NRPN (Non Registered Parameter Numbers) protocol additionally to the proprietary SYSEX protocol. While the standard MIDI functionality is already described in the Reference Manual this English document digs even deeper and focusses in particular on NRPN and SYSEX protocols."

I'm guessing the KFC will be able to address these parameters. Newer MIDI controllers can send NRPN, and MIDI Soluions makes a box that translates MIDI CC numbers to NRPN messages.

• does this mean if you have the right expression pedal it is possible today to create this effect with the kemper? something like this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsI2I5UIZ8k

Edited 2 times, last by brusky ().

• According to the current "Deeper View and Reference Manual", Delay Mix, and Delay Feedback are currently controllable with an Expression Pedal connected to Pedal Input 1 or 2, but not delay time.

You would need MIDI controller to do this, not just an expression pedal.

BTW - changing the delay time while playing with most devices causes some non-musical results. Are you looking for those pitchy, hiccup sounds?

Have you tried using the Tap Delay? It is much more accurate and predictable than using an expression pedal to change delay time.

• yes - like this hyperspace with the video example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsI2I5UIZ8k

but looks like this is not possible with the kemper unless there is a separate midi controller - no?

• Is THAT how Tom Scholz did that? A famous, classic sound that has never been commercially available would be PERFECT for the Kemper.

It sounds like a combination of Pitch pedal (the Kemper has that) and Pedal controlled Modulation speed (not available with MIDI CC at this point).

I suggest adding an FX "Feature Request" for the Hyperspace Pedal Sound. (or, to add Pedal Controlled Modulation Speed)

• Is THAT how Tom Scholz did that? A famous, classic sound that has never been commercially available would be PERFECT for the Kemper.

It sounds like a combination of Pitch pedal (the Kemper has that) and Pedal controlled Modulation speed (not available with MIDI CC at this point).

I suggest adding an FX "Feature Request" for the Hyperspace Pedal Sound. (or, to add Pedal Controlled Modulation Speed)

I will request this. Mr. CK please add this feature to send many willing men into Hyperspace!