comp frequency range / multiband compressor

• Hi - is it possible to control the frequency range of the compressor stomp? For example let's say I only want to compress the 250-750 Hz region and leave the rest of the signal intact.

I haven't found a away to do this, so my suggestion would be to either add frequency range to the compressor stomp, or even better add a multiband compressor effect to free stomp slots.

Not only would this provide yet a powerful sound shaping tool, but more importantly it would allow me to use the lessons learned from mixing when tweaking the KPA.

I hope someone agrees! :D

• :)

A powerful tool indeed. I wonder if it's a bit oversized for pure guitar use. The Profiler is not a production tool, is a guitar amp! These processings have their home in the production room IMO.

• :)

A powerful tool indeed. I wonder if it's a bit oversized for pure guitar use. The Profiler is not a production tool, is a guitar amp! These processings have their home in the production room IMO.

Mm yes that might be how it has been traditionally. However the KPA is everything but traditional and it already gives us some insanely powerful tools not typical to guitar processors - I don't see how this one this one would be oversized.

Although I am obviously clueless, I wild guess would be that some of the magic juice in the amplifier section parameters come from multiband compression. Though it's been simplified for us guitarist [who are notoriously known for limited brain capacity ;) ]

More power to the people :thumbup:

• Of course, this should be expression pedal controllable... ;)

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• LOL

My point is that the Profiler can't include every and each requested feature :D

Ah ok, I thought you were truly dreaming about dark power :P

I obviously see your point, and the reason I bring this up is from a workflow perspective. I am more used to tweaking sounds (including guitar) in my DAW than on the profiler, and I could not do without a multiband compressor. But the profiler will be just as capable without this functionality.

• How about 2 trails? The first with an eq that cuts out the low mids and the second with a boost at the same frequency range and a compressor? I didn't try it yet but maybe this could work.

Aah interesting thinking. I haven't tried the parallel path functionality yet but will do asap. Thanks for the suggestion!