Are your old amps collecting dust?

• That was, and still is, a very interesting amp with its modular (and changeable) tone stacks. Far ahead of its time and too complicated for guitarists I reckon to become successful. ;)

Very interesting amp indeed.
    Not a one trick pony.
    I have several modules that combined in different ways changes to character quite a bit.
    The Variable Power Control works really well to get overdrive the amp.

• Blackheart Little Giant, Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 36, AMT Stonehead, and Traynor YCV50 all remain unused except for profiling since the KPA came my way. They are all great, but they were compromises and with the KPA I can play whatever whenever!

• I dusted off the old Seymour Duncan Convertible 100w recently.
    bought it 1980-81
    I recapped it and put in fresh tubes.
    The thing sounds fantastic!
    I've been profiling it, coming soon....
    After I finish profiling it will stay home in the studio collecting dust once again.

Wow, first time i've seen one of those in 20 +years. I used to sell them and may still have some of the modules somewhere. Cool to see again

• The amp that got away...tried a Seymour amp back in the day and loved it...went back to get it and it had been sold off...tried 3-4 others and none matched the sound of the first one I tried..couldn't figure out the preamp tube combination that was in the first one

• The amp that got away...tried a Seymour amp back in the day and loved it...went back to get it and it had been sold off...tried 3-4 others and none matched the sound of the first one I tried..couldn't figure out the preamp tube combination that was in the first one

I don't suppose that this one would do?
    http://huntsville.craigslist.org/msg/4749626250.html

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Ha, this thread has reminded me that I really should start selling off my old amps and cabs (except for my HD500/DT25 and Mesa Boogie Thiele cab that I'll keep as my backup rig). None of them get any use these days; they're all literally gathering dust now.

• Fender HRD, VHT Pittbull Ultralead, Triaxis .... all sold off ;)

Not only do I not miss carrying them around, I feel that the KPA has been easier to tweak into getting the exact sounds I want at the FOH. I know it is a crazy thing for a guitar player to care about, but even with great tube amps, it is not an easy job to get the sound you hear in your practice room from your cab to come out of the FOH for everyone to hear.

I have no issues with consistency from gig to gig either. Even on a completely foreign PA setup, I usually need about 2 minutes on the channel strip and I am set.

• Sold my Bogner Shiva first and a few months later my Bogner xtc becourse I only had time for my Kemper powerhead .
    After a few monts more tweeking than playing the Kemper, I bought a Engl Retro amp and went back for two weeks playing this tube amp but sold it agian becourse it didnt give me the fun the Kemper did.
    So i bougt me a second Kemper power rack.
    And again i have some doubts, becourse i seem to need frfr cabs, Atomic seems the only way to go and they dont sell them in the Netherlands and also i think they are way to expansive.
    Thinking of buying a Bogner amp again........

• Sold my Bogner Shiva first and a few months later my Bogner xtc becourse I only had time for my Kemper powerhead .
    After a few monts more tweeking than playing the Kemper, I bought a Engl Retro amp and went back for two weeks playing this tube amp but sold it agian becourse it didnt give me the fun the Kemper did.
    So i bougt me a second Kemper power rack.
    And again i have some doubts, becourse i seem to need frfr cabs, Atomic seems the only way to go and they dont sell them in the Netherlands and also i think they are way to expansive.
    Thinking of buying a Bogner amp again........

Hve you thought about Matrix FRFR offerings?

• No way. I just ordered a Mesa Mark V:25 and can't wait to get it. Love the Kemper but I still love tubes and pedals.

If that would be available in a small combo version I allready would have one. But I like that head as well. My trusted TA-15 is still in use...

• Nope .
    My best sound is Kemper>hand wired amp >Mesa cab .
    It is simple superior sound !!
    I even start to record with mic , instead directly from Kemper .
    Kemper >QSC , or Kemper > Studio monitors sound not so good as the first combination above...
    Weird, I know, but that's it .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Man I am so grateful for this thread!

I was going to have guests come over and after picking up a few stinky clothes in the corner saw a HUGE pile of dust. When I vacuumed it up, guess what? An amp was under there I haven't played since buying the Kemper!

Here goes Craigslist, wish me luck, boys!!

• Man I am so grateful for this thread!

I was going to have guests come over and after picking up a few stinky clothes in the corner saw a HUGE pile of dust. When I vacuumed it up, guess what? An amp was under there I haven't played since buying the Kemper!

Here goes Craigslist, wish me luck, boys!!

LOL!!!!