Noise of a Kemper Powerrack

• Hey guys,

I’ve been thinking about upgrading my Kemper Rack to a Powerrack. I play a 2x12 at home at low volumes, therefore I’m hoping that the poweramp of the Kemper is quiet - no hiss, noise, hum or whatsoever. Can anybody confirm that this is the case? ;)

I’m asking because I tested the EHX Magnum 44, and that one was by far too noisey for my taste. (I’m currently using the poweramp of a Marshall JVM, which seems to be quite a waste…but it’s currently the best solution from a noise perspective :D )

Thanks!
    Stefan

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Thank you :)

I would like to know if anybody compared the EHX 44 Magnum to the Powerrack in terms of noise, as this seems to be quite a subjective matter. I haven't found too many people complaining about the EHX yet, but its noise has driven me crazy :rolleyes:

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Well, hum is more likely to be because of grounding issues, some of which are hard to rectify (there's a thread on here where someone discusses a particular room in his house where the lighting and wiring causes humming). Quite a few guitars leave the factory without being properly grounded/shielded, too (my Les Paul's bridge ground wire wasn't connected, for example, and the control cavity wasn't shielded). The power amp in the power rack is extremely clean and silent, once you've dealt with such issues. Sometimes I forget that it's even enabled, until I strike a chord and give myself a shock, haha!

Cheers,
    Sam