For you, who bought your Profiler based on Youtube video

• Can you remember what video it was? I was in constant search for the tone. At that time I was using 11R, then I found about a Kemper with this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't remember the exact one. I was watching videos of reviews by a guy named David Walliman who had the 11R like me and did a comparison between that, the AXE STD and the AXE ULTRA. One of the side suggestion videos had CK at some show explaining the profiling process of the Kemper. It was around Christmas holiday of 2012. So I watched it and couldn't believe it. I followed it up with studio producers showing how they profile and when my brother came to visit I showed it to him and he said "Buy It". And I did.

• For me it was some of the original video's Kemper published where CK went into studios and demo the profiling process. The A/B comparison convinced me. That and some of the reactions that guitar players who tried one. They all seemed to be genuinely impressed.

Cheers,

jayson

• This is the video that did it for me!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For me it was some of the original video's Kemper published where CK went into studios and demo the profiling process. The A/B comparison convinced me. That and some of the reactions that guitar players who tried one. They all seemed to be genuinely impressed.

Cheers,

jayson

Same here. When I saw those where the session guitarists couldn't tell which one was the real amp, I wanted to try it.

• good thread !

The one that conviced me was the one from Robin Gallagher , I usually don't like country, but the fender tones on this track and obvious joy in the playing says it all :

External Content soundcloud.com

• Andertones could probably get me into buying anything :D

A friend of mine told me of the Kemper and the first video I watched was the product video on "thomann".
    I wanted to know more and watched the kemper videos. And that did it for me I guess.

• This early session with Tom Hemby and his Badcat:

• This early session with Tom Hemby and his Badcat:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx8Q0T3AFXw" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">youtube.com/watch?v=wx8Q0T3AFXw</a>

Yeah, Tom Hemby's shredding was also impressive ^^ and AMP:KEMPER ratio was here 1:1

• Not really a video that caused me to buy it. I was sat around gassing for an Axe FX for ages, but couldn't afford it. So I bought a Kemper. And I just didn't get on with it. This was two years ago. Sent it back, carried on with my valve amps and my dreams of getting an Axe FX. Then this year I finally got the Axe FX... and had it six months. I liked it. I really did. But wow... what a complex beast. I have to do complex stuff for my day job.. when I play guitar, I just want instant ear sex.

So I got another Kemper. This time I bought 2nd hand. More to force myself to learn how to use it and keep it for an extended period of time, than to save money. It has paid off. I really really love it. I'd say aside from my valve amps it is my favourite bit of gear. I profiled my amps, and sold the Axe FX, and bought my dream valve amp, a Fryette Sig X, which I used to own, but sold! Never doing that again!