For live purposes: "Profiler + Guitar Cab" OR "Profiler + Active/Passive FRFR"?

• That's great! No surprise to me though.

• I tried FRFR for a few months using an RCF NX 12-SMA back when those were "the thing" and cabs still won me over in the end.

For practice the other guitarist will be playing through a traditional head + cab setup, so using a cab myself blends better with him.

For gigs, I decided I will always have some kind of backline for stage volume after seeing a few bands run completely direct and not being able to hear them when I'm standing at the front of the stage. I'd rather have a cab for this since once again the other guitarist will be using a cab for stage volume so it will blend better, and I don't want to be blasting people in the front with all the highs that full range speakers produce. Different stage sound vs. PA sound doesn't bother me since the same thing happens with a traditional cab + mic setup. As long as the direct feed sounds good and the cab feed sounds good enough I'm content.

And of course I just prefer the feel, response, sound, etc. of cabs ;)

Plus I use a Port City 1x12 OS which is very non-beamy. Comparing it with my EVH 2x12 is night and day in that regard. Not all FRFR speakers have wide spread either, as the RCF has a very narrow dispersion.

• I use 2 EV ZLXP112's and couldn't be happier (well until I buy a CLR or Gemini). Going FRFR allows me to change to a completely different amp when the song calls for it or I'm in the mood and get it to sound like it should. A Masotti X100M is my workhorse but I will also use Mesa's, Marshalls, a Fender Twin and even a Dr Z during any given show. Try doing that with a traditional guitar cab.

Do I miss some of the feel of a guitar cab? No idea, it sounds great to me and it's also what the audience is hearing and getting that right is what a show is all about anyways.

• I'm currently using my Powerhead (power amp switched off) with a Stagesource L2t which I used with my HD500X before - and it sounds awesome.
    It actually sounds a lot more organic & full (and plenty of loud!) with the Kemper compared to the HD500X which I attribute to the Kemper :) ... and which speaks for the L2t as well, who is able to translate the Kemper's sound brilliantly.
    I probably will look for a light & compact unpowered FRFR stereo 2x12 cab in the future, but the L2t really rocks in combination with the Kemper (and the M Britt profiles).

• I use the Kemper live with a Poweramp and a 2x12, just for the stage sound but we got direct into the pa ... the other guitarist plays the same profiles but through a Alto TS115W
    Both sounds great but i always have a problem with distorted sounds and a tweeter ... the sweetspot is so small and the sound changes so extremely (to my ears) while you move around on stage... BUT i have in the studio Coaxial speakers from Tannoy, and i Already tested some active monitors with coaxial speakers and these are PERFECT! ... they are flatter and crisper then normal guitar speakers but don`t have the problem with the sweetspot

• FYI, Jay Mitchell has published on TGP a very cheap way to reduce beaminess in guitar cabs. Those who tried it said it makes wonders, and there's no surprise in this considering the font :)

HTH

• FYI, Jay Mitchell has published on TGP a very cheap way to reduce beaminess in guitar cabs. Those who tried it said it makes wonders, and there's no surprise in this considering the font :)

HTH

Viabcroce do you have a link to that thread? Sounds interesting.

• Here you go mate :)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=470956

This is an interesting reading to me, which is worth getting to the bottom for at least two reasons:

• the amazing amount of "eye-opening" info you get when a very competent person talks about a matter they know in depth;
    • the objections, questions and answers the forum members give, to show that the average guitar player basically lives on their own myths :D

:)

• This is an interesting reading to me, which is worth getting to the bottom for at least two reasons:

• the amazing amount of "eye-opening" info you get when a very competent person talks about a matter they know in depth;
    • the objections, questions and answers the forum members give, to show that the average guitar player basically lives on their own myths :D

:)

Very true.

• Thanks!

• The Matrix FRFR is very nice. I really love the flat sound and response.

• Back on thread, does anyone use purely an active pa speaker for home/live use? Was thinking of getting one just to see if frfr is better than running the K through my guitar cabs, and I dont
    particularly want to buy a poweramp as well as speakers. Sorry. Bit of a thread hijack. :)