Kemper into Axe Fx II via Spdif for recording

• Yes, SRC has to take place. Kemper needs to be master and is 44.1, Axe is 48 kHz.

By now someone has figured this out but…
    AFAIK the Axe Fx II won't work as a slave…

Has anyone figured this out? I was planning on using the Axe Fx II as the recording interface as well in order to delay the need for a dedidicated audio interface that will burn a hole in my pocket... Because if I buy one, I'm planning on the righ costing me 3-4k, so tgis setup would delay that exoense, which will mainly only add to my vocal recording capabilities.

Also, I'd rather go through as little conversios as possible, because according to my tests, the conversion in the Axe Fx II is quite inferior to a Prism Orpheus I've had the chance to test out (but will have to sell because I need the cash for a life event). In this case, I feel that using the conversion in the Axe Fx though the FX loop will actually negatively impact my tone (although I have yet to try it).

People can say all they want that difference between converters is like splitting hairs but… I don't think so. Even though my room is not ideal, I can still hear a pretty big difference... Even more so through a pair of Sennheiser HD 600 headphones. With the orpheus, cardboard, nails-on-chalkboard graininess of the mids is totally gone… regardless of what flawed tests anyone is using to prove otherwise. Of course I've only really tested the DA...

But back in track… has anyone had success in making the Kemper and Axe Fx II play nicely with eachother digitally? Or is this totally impossible?
    Axe FX II being 24/48, Kemper being 16/41(?), and both demanding to be masters of puppets and not lowly slaves?

And the of course it kind of baffles me that the internal sample rate and bit depth of the Kemper are an unknown (at least to me) much higher quality that its digital outputs…

Yeah… the additional features could make the Kemper and Axe Fx II cost a bit more, but they could also save me a ton of money not having to buy another interface right away...

But lets leave that argument behind and focus on… Is there a magical digital solution?

• Quote from CN7: “Axe FX II being 24/48, Kemper being 16/41(?)”

Kemper being 24/44.1

Yeah, the Axe won't act as slave so you'd need a SRC that can slave to the Axe.

Thanks for the correction.

Is this possible? Is there a device that can do this… somehow communicating and converting sample rates between 2 masters?

I've never really had to do anything like this so I don't know.

Thanks.

• I'm guessing e.g. the Behringer Ultramatch would be able to do that. Connecting Axe's AES/EBU out to Ultramatch in...it should be able to sync to that, while converting the KPA and send it to the Axe on S/PDIF. Don't take my word for it though :D