CLR active cab broken (resolved)

• Hey,

my Atomic CLR Active cab stopped working the other week. All three LEDs are flashing when I turn it on and there is no sound. Has anyone had a problem like this and knows how to fix this? I bought it in January, so I hope that Atomic Amps will fix it if it is something serious, but so far I have not received a reply.

Edited once, last by ach ().

• I think the warranty is one year so be sure you have your warranty request in email form before the purchase date rolls around.

I'm prone to stuff like this: I think something stopped working but the volume knob got rolled off accidentally or something is unplugged. You've covered off all that stuff?

• I tried everything, I guess it is really broken. I wonder how they handle service/warranty in Europe. If I have to send it back to the US it will be gone for a while.I wish they would reply to my emails...

• I tried everything, I guess it is really broken. I wonder how they handle service/warranty in Europe. If I have to send it back to the US it will be gone for a while.I wish they would reply to my emails...

There's a service center in the UK AFAIK.
    Keep going, Tom King will take care of you.

• Probably just the holiday break.
    There has to be a service center in the UK or maybe Ireland (mine came from Ireland if I remember correctly). Shipping single units back & forth across the pond for repairs would cost a fortune.
    My guess - TK fell asleep on the sofa reading A Christmas Carol.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• On this day a year ago I placed my order, four weeks ago my CLR stopped working and I sent my first service request to Atomic Amps.

Since then I have sent several emails to [email protected] and [email protected] using different email accounts, I have even left voice messages on their answering machine with my customer ID and email address, but to this day I have not receive a single response.

Holiday season or not, we are two weeks into the new year, at this point I find it it hard to believe that they are not aware of my problem.

This is very frustrating and disappointing!

This cab has been sitting in my living room since I got it, I set the dials according to the manual, I think on average I play maybe 4 hours a week and I have not even come close to levels that this system is capable of (I would probably be deaf by now if I had). All other equipment (KPA, FCB, Line6 Wireless) on the same power outlet works flawlessly. I think this should be covered one-year-warranty, even if not I would like to get this fixed.

I have the shipping box, so I would be willing to ship the unit. I have not yet opened the unit because I did not want to void my warranty,
    but I have also offered to try replace the amp board/backface on my end to avoid shipping this thing back and forth.

Edited once, last by ach ().

• Hi ach,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting through. I'm certainly not ignoring you on purpose. I tried to send you a PM but I'm getting a message that says "not authorized" so I'm not sure what's going on but I'd like to find a way to identify you so I can figure out what's going wrong so we can take care of your issue ASAP.

Best,

Tom

• Smart idea to send your order number. I just sent you an email. We'll have you taken care of shortly. So sorry you had to wait so long. Your address has been taken off the spam list. Thanks for working with me on this.:)

• Smart idea to send your order number. I just sent you an email. We'll have you taken care of shortly. So sorry you had to wait so long. Your address has been taken off the spam list. Thanks for working with me on this.:)

HI Tom, I sent you some emails, did I end up on your spam list again?

Anyway, did you send the new power section?
    Thx

• I got the replacement power section, a couple of screws and four plugs. Now it is working again, yeah :) !!!

After almost 2 months I kinda got used to my old Mesa Studio .22 Poweramp/cab, some profiles where not that bad (with KPA CAB sim off), but the CLR is so much better, I just hope this will never happen again.

• I find it amazing that people have to write on other forums to get in touch with Atomic amps.
    Happened here, and also on FAS forum.
    I simply have no idea how anyone can call that good service?

But glad you solved your issue.

• I find it amazing that people have to write on other forums to get in touch with Atomic amps.
    Happened here, and also on FAS forum.
    I simply have no idea how anyone can call that good service?

But glad you solved your issue.

unfortunately, i have to agree here. i have tried to get in contact with mr. king regarding my order
    several times. each attempt has been thoroughly ignored. my purchase with this company has unfortunately turned
    into a rather frustrating experience, i'm afraid to say. not at all like the support of the guys at kemper, which is nothing short of amazing
    and should serve as a model not only for atomic amps, but for every other company out there that wishes to establish a long lasting,
    satisfying relationship with their (potentially returning) customers. this is one customer who propably won't be returning, though.
    i am not exactly satisfied. in the least.

• Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem. I'd have to say, even that I love my CLR's sound, I feel the built quality isn't the best possible.. for that price at least to say.
    Couple of months ago my powerswitch broke in a way that I had to take off the powercord to be able to turn it fully off.

Now last tuesday it went mute during rehearsals and started to blink all 3 leds...

I did send a repair request to Atomic Amps support as I do have warranty left until next september.. no reply yet?

I feel that 3 days is already quite much for waiting such an answer..?

-f

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• I feel the built quality isn't the best possible.. for that price at least to say.

While I feel you, and know where you're coming from, I think the other way round: according to the way a price is formed in such products, the quality is exactly the best possible for that price.
    Had its components been military-grade, had its specs been 3 times redundant, had it been built and assembled by NASA engineers and physicists, it would probably cost 5 times its price.
    Note: any failure is not certainly sought or planned by manufacturer, since it costs them a lot more and reduces margins.
    The optimal price placement (under the failure aspect only) is when the ratio between "saving on assembly and components" Vs. "repairs under guaranty" is the highest, so to speak.

:)

• Might be.. I'm just hugely disappointed and also having to send the CLR to repairs is PIA...

5 days gone, no reply yet..

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7