Friedman BE100 Profiles

• timowens

If these were created with the "2nd Gen" preview, please remove them from Rig Manager - I think they asked people to wait to post those, because they can cause problems there.

thanks!

My apologies, I didn't realize that. They have been removed from Rig Exchange.
    If anyone is interested in trying the profiles please PM me and I'll send you a link.

Edited once, last by timowens ().

• NOTE: These are what I’m calling Merged Profiles which should only be used with the latest firmware. Meaning, I profiled the full amp as usual with the latest firmware, then I profiled the amp with the DI out of the amp and then I copied and pasted the cab from the full profile into the DI profile and saved it as a Merged Profile. So if you disable the CAB and run it into a power amp and guitar cab it will pretty much sound exactly like the real amp “in the room”.

Hi! The document about the new profiling process talks about profiling the DI amp first and then the whole amp. You did the full profile first. Did you test the recommended order and compared to your results?

I've downloaded your profiles and they are a bit dark to my taste, but I love them. Thank you again!

• So these cannot or should not be used with the current official firmware?

These profiles were made with version 2.7.3.10479, it is my understanding that you should only use these profiles if you are running this firmware version.

Your question made me think, so I removed the link to the download to avoid any confusion, but if someone wants to try them just PM me and I'll send a link to the downloads.

• These profiles were made with version 2.7.3.10479, it is my understanding that you should only use these profiles if you are running this firmware version.

Your question made me think, so I removed the link to the download to avoid any confusion, but if someone wants to try them just PM me and I'll send a link to the downloads.

Unless I'm mistaken, they should be fine on any firmware version. It is the profiles made on version 2.8 that could be problematic.

• Unless I'm mistaken, they should be fine on any firmware version. It is the profiles made on version 2.8 that could be problematic.

I honestly don't know, that's why I removed the link. But I'd be happy to share the link if someone sends me a PM, but it will be a "use at your own risk" deal :)

• I put the Full or Studio profiles in Rig Exchange, just search for Tim Owens in Authors. I think these should be safe with any firmware version, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Nah - you're fine.

The guys from mothership only asked to not upload/share profiles that were created with the experimental beta.
    TY for sharing - I will look into them later.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I am a huge fan of Dave's amps and your capture profile of the BE HBE is far closer to the tone I would go for with a Friedman amp than the previous Friedman profiles out there.

I salute how you hear the amp. I'd love to hear more along the line of this with the top end starting at what you have posted and above that explores in the mid/treble/presence settings. I hear more of the speaker's paper than cone and with this type amp I think it the way to go, depending on mic/mic placement.

< In my experience and depending on the mic, the sweetspot for pre-rola style speakers is key to maintaining viola rather than violin character. >

With and amp like a Friedman BE or HBE the profiling choices have usually been on the fizzy side. I don't think folks that enjoy that are wrong to do so. Tone is a matter of variable on the player's instrument, technique, and what they want to hear.

"Hashy" tone is what makes high gain amps sound tiny in my experience.

I think the Friedman amps are not one trick ponies and I think you are on the right track with what you have so far.

I'd love to hear more profiles from you. I look forward to you revisiting this Friedman and other such as your Dirty Shirley.

I'd be happy to share any opinions or possible tweaks to try if you understand I don't mind at all if my opinions or advice is cheerfully considered but not taken! ;->

• Thanks, please be sure to check out this thread if you haven't already, we are going to pick an amp and profile it as a community: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…?postID=188588#post188588

• Hi! Version 2.7.3.10479 has the new profilling process? I had to go up to 2.8.0 "experimental" version to be able to profile the DI and miced version and merge the cab later.

Could you activate the new profilling process in page 8 of the system menú and the "merge cabinet" appeared under button 2 using this versión?