How can I record youtube videos with my Kemper and Imovie?

• Hi everyone, I was wondering if some of you can help me. I would like to record some youtube metal covers with my Kemper but I need to know the process. I have studio one2 daw and Imovie on mac. My recording device will be my Ipad.

I want to record myself and strip out the audio on my video and add the audio from my Daw in its place. How can I do this with Imovie? I am looking to make those type of Youtube videos where the guitars are big and powerful and not played live. Any help is appreciated!

• Hey there! I did a video a couple months ago using a similar process. Here is the clip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I played live in the video, but pre-recording the parts would give you a similar result.
    1) The way I did it was I do is I import whatever song you are covering into your daw. Whatever song it is, your gonna have to convert the mp3 file into a wav file. This is pretty easy in itunes. Just google mp3 conversions and it will give instructions.
    2) Record your track(s)! If you decide to do it live, I recommend getting someone to help you out. It can be a pain having to constantly get up and down to press record on all of your devises.
    3) Mix your recorded track(s) so that it is at a good mix with your imported song track.
    4) Record your video if you haven't done so yet.
    5) Open Imovie and bring in all the media you are going to use. Now you are gonna have to sink everything up. This can be time consuming, and a bit of a pain. Just be patient! ALSO, make sure you watch the video all the way through, just because it is in sink at the beginning doesn't it will be by the end!

I think I've covered everything. This is just how I go about it, though if someone has a better way, I'd love to hear it as well. I used a kemper to do my video, though it was just a loner :( One day, I will have one!

• Hey there! I did a video a couple months ago using a similar process. Here is the clip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I played live in the video, but pre-recording the parts would give you a similar result.
    1) The way I did it was I do is I import whatever song you are covering into your daw. Whatever song it is, your gonna have to convert the mp3 file into a wav file. This is pretty easy in itunes. Just google mp3 conversions and it will give instructions.
    2) Record your track(s)! If you decide to do it live, I recommend getting someone to help you out. It can be a pain having to constantly get up and down to press record on all of your devises.
    3) Mix your recorded track(s) so that it is at a good mix with your imported song track.
    4) Record your video if you haven't done so yet.
    5) Open Imovie and bring in all the media you are going to use. Now you are gonna have to sink everything up. This can be time consuming, and a bit of a pain. Just be patient! ALSO, make sure you watch the video all the way through, just because it is in sink at the beginning doesn't it will be by the end! To lower the volume in Imovie, you can just mute the volume on it.

I think I've covered everything. This is just how I go about it, though if someone has a better way, I'd love to hear it as well. I used a kemper to do my video, though it was just a loner :( One day, I will have one!