Two Questions

• I have a couple question that I've been wondering. Let me know what you think/know.

1.) For the amp and cabinet when profiled. If the amp and cabinet are not truly separate then when you turn cab off and run through a monitor/power amp to cabinet what part of the original profiled cabinet mic combination are also present?

2.) When micing a cabinet with various mics, given a common position, can you assimilate the mic differences simply with eq. changes (additions etc.) or is there more to the finished profile than that? I'm curious because I've tried an SM57, i5, e609, R144 and a Fathead II with Lund. transformer and even though there is a vast difference to these mics when listening through a speaker....when taking a sonic fingerprint is it really just a matter of the eq. characteristics of the (mic)/speaker/cabinet or? When profiling it is pushing signals through the process but seems to be with a constant frequency so I am curious.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• True. Also, different mics and placement react differently to the room reflection, so the overall signal captured by the mic will be affected by the mic's sensitivity pattern: an omnidirectional mic will hear a different signal than a directional one.

As for your first question, we as users don't know in detail what processing excluding the cab from a rig performs on the sound. It's probably a matter of EQ and an impedance variation's simulation.
    OTOH, with the newly available profiling technique the new rigs will have a perfect separation between the amp and the cab+mic.

:)