Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• great thread!
    sticky'ed :)

Wow, what an honor, I've never been sticky'ed :thumbup:

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this project. After being distracted with other projects for a while I finally got to work on some Dirty Shirley profiles last night, hopefully I'll have something worth sharing soon.

• Wow, what an honor, I've never been sticky'ed :thumbup:

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this project. After being distracted with other projects for a while I finally got to work on some Dirty Shirley profiles last night, hopefully I'll have something worth sharing soon.

Hi Tim,

I was wondering if there might be any chance that you could, someday, make a few profiles of your BE100 (or Dirty Shirley) with a DOD-250 pedal in front. I am a big Yngwie fan (especially his Alcatrazz and early solo tone), and have not been able to find a Marshall Plexi-type profile that has been boosted by a DOD-250 Overdrive. The BE-100 or DS would be an ideal substitute for a vintage 1970s Marshall model 1959 (or 1987) JMP MkII. I am looking for that singing Yngwie lead tone with excellent mid-range bite. He pretty much had his NMV Marshalls running flat out. The settings on his DOD-250 pedal typically were: Gain = 90%, Level = 100%.

If you don't have a DOD-250 (the re-release gold fleck version by DOD is excellent), I would be happy to loan you my AnalogMan modded YJM-308, which has been converted to vintage DOD-250 specs.

I hate to be a profile begger...but I can't find anyone who has done the quintessential Malmsteen "DOD-250 into a Marshall Super Lead Plexi-type amp" profile. 8)

Cheers,
    John

• John, a friend of mine has one of Yngwie's actual Marshall heads and cabs, modded by his guitar tech. I'm not sure what period it is from in Yngwie's career (all the original legending has been replaced with the tech's sharpie doodles- in Swedish!!), but I've been meaning to get over to him and profile it since forever. You seem like you know a thing or two about our favourite neoclassical speed swede, so any chance you know roughly how he dialled his amps? It could be cool to capture the quintessential Yngwie tone once and for all.

• John, a friend of mine has one of Yngwie's actual Marshall heads and cabs, modded by his guitar tech. I'm not sure what period it is from in Yngwie's career (all the original legending has been replaced with the tech's sharpie doodles- in Swedish!!), but I've been meaning to get over to him and profile it since forever. You seem like you know a thing or two about our favourite neoclassical speed swede, so any chance you know roughly how he dialled his amps? It could be cool to capture the quintessential Yngwie tone once and for all.

Hi Sam,

Indeed, here is his typical 50 watt JMP MkII settings, from left to right:

Presence = 3.5
    Bass = 4
    Middle = 6
    Treble = 6
    Volume 1 = 10
    Volume 2 = 10

Cheers,
    John

• I'd be happy to make some profiles but the only distortion pedal I have is a Keeley mod'd Boss DS1. But it looks like sambrox might have a great solution for you.

• As we're talking about celebs settings...
    Tim would you try these settings and perhaps make a DI profile someday?

BTW It's from Richie Sambora's stage setup a few years ago.

I'd be happy to make some profiles but I can't make out the settings on the amp. If you can figure out the Pres, Bass, Mid, Treb, Gain and Master Volume I can sure give it a go. But remember that there are several option switches on this amp too including Voice, FAT, C45 and SAT, these switches make a big difference in the tone especially if you use two or more at once.

• HAWP-53 profiles are up.
    These are profiles of the Friedman Dirty Shirley into an Avatar Vintage 212 cab with a Celestion V30 and Scumback M75, the M75 was mic'd.
    The mic's were a Shure SM57 and Royer R121.
    The Dirty Shirley is not a high gain amp, but if you are into classic rock or blues you might find these useful.
    These are all Merged profiles, I still have the Studio and DA profile if anyone wants them.
    I also included a cab IR in WAV format for anyone who wants to try the cab with a modeler.
    I've really been enjoying these profiles in my jam room using a CLR cab, please let me know what you think.
    The files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fj1…JeWAvfWdCVwziRfT6dYa?dl=0

• Kick ass!

will be grabbing these!

• Love the meaty sound on these profiles. The cab portion works well with the BE profiles too. Seems like the mic technique and that scumback driver really deliver a great spread of frequencies - a strat bridge pickup sounds amazingly full. Thanks for all your work on this project.