Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• I only had a chance to briefly demo 2 of the profiles this morning, but wow, youve really got it dialed in now. Seemed like they had more gain and i didnt need any boost at all, and the tone was just full and organic. Not sure when ill have time to really dig into these, which is driving me mental - its all i want to do right now

• I only had a chance to briefly demo 2 of the profiles this morning, but wow, youve really got it dialed in now. Seemed like they had more gain and i didnt need any boost at all, and the tone was just full and organic. Not sure when ill have time to really dig into these, which is driving me mental - its all i want to do right now

Your description there sounds perfect for what I'm looking for, can't wait to try these later tonight.

• Right Tim, tried all of Phase 8, 9 (thanks again Tim) and 10. These profiles just keep getting better and better. Apart from peoples own personal tweaks to what you already provided in Phase 8 I can't see how these can get much if any better now. There must be something for almost everyone amongst Phase 8.

I personally loved the Phase 9 set that you did for me and these two especially from Phase 8:
    HAWP8F HBE06F VR C1S1
    HAWP8F HBE06F VL C1S1

I still think I prefer the voice switch set to R over L but I find L great as well. One of those where every time you spend 30 seconds you end up thinking that is better then you switch and 30 seconds your aren't sure any more haha.

Regarding the Phase 9 DI/Full/Merged profiles you did for me the DI is great, there really is a drastic difference to me hearing a DI profile through a cab as opposed to a full profile with the cab driver disabled. The DI just has that fabled "amp in the room sound" lots of people are chasing who use their existing guitar cabs.

However one thing I have noticed regarding the new profiling merging in 2.8 (not sure about previous none beta firmware) and I can now confirm is that adding a cab from the associated full profile definitely changes the sound of the resulting profile through a real cab even with the cab driver disabled.

For example:
    1. DI Profile on its on through cab = perfect, say this is the benchmark.
    2. DI profile with Cab from full Profile then merged = A little less "fizz" and less in your face is the best way I can describe what I hear through the cab when compared to the DI profile.
    3. DI profile with Cab from full profile added but not merged only saved = Less "fizz" again. I can see many people actually preferring their sound after either step 2 or 3, just personal preference but it does prove that merging cabs does effect the original profile even though I'm sure we are told it shouldn't, what we get back though a cab definitely changes after.

This is obviously a topic for an entire different post but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Once again great profiles Tim, really great and if you are still open to doing a few individual profiles per person I'd like to request 2 further direct profiles if you have time based on the 2 full profiles from phase 8 I really liked, which were:

HAWP8F HBE06F VR C1S1
    HAWP8F HBE06F VL C1S1
    HBE Channel
    HBE Gain 6
    Bass = 6.5
    Mid = 7
    Treb = 6.5
    Pres = 6
    Master Vol = 3.5

Although would it be possible to turn off the C45 switch for me and leave on only the SAT switch as their is just a little too much "push" there for me with it on and I can tell from the other DI profile you did for me that I like it more off.

Thanks again for you hard work, you really went to town this time with all those profiles on Phase 8.

• Tim, thanks a lot!!! for having done another sets of profiles.. although.. I made a mistake in my message.. I wished to ask you to do for me only one profile withthose settings and master set to 2,5 but thanks to my error you have made 4 profiles with master 2 to 5.. I had only few minutes to check them and also phase 8 (phase 9 I do not know where it is..).. in brief: at the moment phase 10 sounds to me terrific.. maybe too much gain but I can roll off the gain on the toaster or on volume knob.. funny thing that with the volume on my guitar rolled off from 10 to 5 these profiles still sound terrific!!! hehe.. I have to also use the noise gate (4:1 or 2:1)and for the phase 8.. these profiles are incredibly screaming.. at the moment I am pretty sure that nearly always prefer VL C1 S1 settings.. thanks to punch and bite..I think this is the most epic study of Friedman BE100 in our KPA world..

ps: unfortunately, at the moment I am unable to check these profiles playing very very loud.. I am very curious how they sound LOUD.. maybe some of the other guys will let us know..

• Tim, thanks a lot!!! for having done another sets of profiles.. although.. I made a mistake in my message.. I wished to ask you to do for me only one profile withthose settings and master set to 2,5 but thanks to my error you have made 4 profiles with master 2 to 5.. I had only few minutes to check them and also phase 8 (phase 9 I do not know where it is..).. in brief: at the moment phase 10 sounds to me terrific.. maybe too much gain but I can roll off the gain on the toaster or on volume knob.. funny thing that with the volume on my guitar rolled off from 10 to 5 these profiles still sound terrific!!! hehe.. I have to also use the noise gate (4:1 or 2:1)and for the phase 8.. these profiles are incredibly screaming.. at the moment I am pretty sure that nearly always prefer VL C1 S1 settings.. thanks to punch and bite..I think this is the most epic study of Friedman BE100 in our KPA world..

ps: unfortunately, at the moment I am unable to check these profiles playing very very loud.. I am very curious how they sound LOUD.. maybe some of the other guys will let us know..

The ones Tim made for me plus the few I liked the most from Phase 8 sound great to me up loud through my Marshall JCM900A Cab, the DI profile Phase 9 with my requested settings has went straight in as my live tone over my own made EVH 5153 profiles, its just tighter with more clarity and cut. I also noticed like you if I select both humbuckers on my EVH Wolfgang and roll the volume down to around say 3/10 it gives a me a great twangy just breaking up blues tone, the profiles really do respond to your hands, volume controls and picking.

Hands down for me the best profile I've ever used.......period. If Tim has time to carry out any more personal requests for me or any of the other guys its going to take some beating for me to swap that profile out as my main sound. Though who knows the extra saturation from the HBE channel over the BE plus maybe a drop down 1 in the MIDS from my previous settings might suit me even more, so much choice due to the amount of ground been covered already

• Just downloaded 4,6,7,8 and 9. I will give these a go tonight hopefully!

What a great project! Maybe once i get profiling down I will take a crack at something like this with my 2013 Splawn Quick Rod w/ Low B+ option

• Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate the encouragement profiling suggestions !!!

Meambobo, thanks for participating in this project, your demo and mods were an inspiration. I have adopted a couple of your FX's and now use them in most of my personal profiles.

crankyrayhanky, yes, it has been a great journey and I've learned a lot along the way.

Liam, I will work on your request during the next profiling session, hopefully tomorrow.

Hallan, no problem on the error, I kind of suspected that's what you meant but it only took a few extra minutes to make 4 profiles so no big deal.

JerEvil, I have a 2012 (I think) QuickRod, what a fantastic amp, I don't think I'll ever part with it. It doesn't have the Low B+ so it might be interesting to compare the two whenever you start making profiles. And by the way, I've learned a lot during this project so I highly recommend you do a similar project whenever you are ready.

Did I miss anyone? Sorry if I did.

Anyway, if anyone wants any custom profiles please don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to do it because everything is already setup and it's really easy to hammer out a few profiles.

Also, feel free to post any profiles (stock or modified) on Rig Exchange, I kind of doubt that everyone frequents this part of the forum so it would be nice to share some of these on Rig Exchange but I'm not sure which ones to share so I'll leave that up to you guys. Or you can recommend some and I'll post them, either way...

• Wow these are so awesome. Im digging the be at gain 8 and hbe at gain 6. No need for boosts at all, and with the addl gain over phase 6 (?) all the switches become less subtle. But all the settings posted are usable. Nothing is too fat or too boosted. Im seeing why people liked the sat switch so much now. Def gives the tone an edge. I find the hbe does nicely with the right voicing and all the switches, but the be is still my favorite - very versatile and seems more clear and "honest".

Im glad you did all these profiles, as i thought i had really had stronger preferences before, now im not so sure. I like all the permutations posted, esp on the be where theres a more dramatic difference to them. The hbe always seems aggressive and the switches are less noticeable to me, with the exception of the sat switch which really pushes it into demon mode.

Thanks again. Im off to make my fx pack and hopefully thatll give the community some more fun, then hopefully we can do the quick rod 8-)

• Wow these are so awesome. Im digging the be at gain 8 and hbe at gain 6. No need for boosts at all, and with the addl gain over phase 6 (?) all the switches become less subtle. But all the settings posted are usable. Nothing is too fat or too boosted. Im seeing why people liked the sat switch so much now. Def gives the tone an edge. I find the hbe does nicely with the right voicing and all the switches, but the be is still my favorite - very versatile and seems more clear and "honest".

Im glad you did all these profiles, as i thought i had really had stronger preferences before, now im not so sure. I like all the permutations posted, esp on the be where theres a more dramatic difference to them. The hbe always seems aggressive and the switches are less noticeable to me, with the exception of the sat switch which really pushes it into demon mode.

Thanks again. Im off to make my fx pack and hopefully thatll give the community some more fun, then hopefully we can do the quick rod 8-)

I found the same regarding the gain settings as you. I use your advanced reverb Shimmer LD on my lead tone, combined with these profiles I'm in tone heaven, pure liquid tone.

• Wow these are so awesome. Im digging the be at gain 8 and hbe at gain 6. No need for boosts at all, and with the addl gain over phase 6 (?) ...

Phase-6 was done with the master volume at 2, Phase-8 was done with the master volume at 3.5, this actually added a touch more gain, perhaps that is what you are hearing?

• Hi Tim, if really is not any problem for you.. please, can you make these profiles? :)

HBE Gain = 4 and 5 and 6
    Bass = 6,5
    Mid = 4,5
    Treb = 7
    Pres = 5
    Master Vol = 2,5 and 3 and 3,5
    Voice Switch = left
    FAT = Off
    C45 = On
    SAT = On

thanks a lot.. if you have no time.. no problem.. you have done more than enough for us!!!! :thumbup:

ps: the most I like profiles from phase 6 and 8 and from phase 10 master 4 but with volume on the guitar cca on 7 and tone control cca on 9.. I´ve done some kind of blind tests and the result it´s still the same.. still prefer VL to VR (but not always..) and C1 S1.. especially C1 (nearly always..)

• Also please let us know where to send money. These came out better than clearly most of the profile packs ive bought, maybe all of them, and better documentation as well. I will hunt you down and buy you a burrito, i swear this on my pod hd, rest its soul

• I read back through this whole thread and Tim, you are a man amongst men. So cool of you to do. I'm trying to get my wife to let me have s place to keep a cab mic'd for a few weeks where no one can bump into it! Maybe some of those clips that attach to your cab?

• One of my favorite cleans is actually from this amp; you released it a ways back. I'm sad to see not as much attention to the cleans, although I already have a great profile thanks to your release before. Everything has at least 5 gain. I know this amp is more for that but I actually do like the cleans. Anyone else?

I guess for this it would be just the same to clean up something like HAWP8F BE01 VLC0S0? Actually, just doing this and turning down the gain to 1.5 with some eq/bass/mid it really is nice! Maybe my point is moot then.

Not sure what my thoughts are on this; but dedicated cleans would be nice. :)

Edited 2 times, last by oozish ().

• One of my favorite cleans is actually from this amp; you released it a ways back. I'm sad to see not as much attention to the cleans, although I already have a great profile thanks to your release before. Everything has at least 5 gain. I know this amp is more for that but I actually do like the cleans. Anyone else?

I guess for this it would be just the same to clean up something like HAWP8F BE01 VLC0S0? Actually, just doing this and turning down the gain to 1.5 with some eq/bass/mid it really is nice! Maybe my point is moot then.

Not sure what my thoughts are on this; but dedicated cleans would be nice. :)

I haven't spent much time on the clean channel of the BE100, if you want to try some different settings on the clean channel let me know, we can sure try it. It's pretty straight forward with just a bass, treble and volume control and a 3-way bright switch.

• I haven't spent much time on the clean channel of the BE100, if you want to try some different settings on the clean channel let me know, we can sure try it. It's pretty straight forward with just a bass, treble and volume control and a 3-way bright switch.

Well, that would be great if you posted a few with some settings that sounded good to you. I'm looking for a bluesy tone usually with my cleans. I actually like the profile above I lowered the gain a bit but some true cleans would be nice unless I"m the only one who is thinking this way.