Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• I tried copying the 0 degrees cab into the phase 4 B7M7T6P5L profile. The result is stunning.

The only thing i'd lack is some more volume.
    Do you think that would be possible, when we're settled on the angles and settings?

Are you asking to redo the phase-4 profiles with the SM57 at 0 degrees? If so that shouldn't be a problem, I just want to make sure that I understand you correctly.

• The way i got it, i thought we were testing around to find the perfect base settings and then profile around those -
    so if, say, we settled on a 6 for treble, it seems a good idea to try profiling on 5 and 7 as well.
    If the AT is at -5dB compared to the 57, it would be kinda cool to also profile on -4 and -3.
    Then we have the switches - 2 voicings, C45, maybe the FAT.

That's 3 options for the mics and knobs, 4 options for the switches. That's 36 profiles, which is a hefty set.
    Obviously not all of them will work. If you see that the difference is negligible or that it doesn't work, skip it.

Specifically, i do think profiling with the 57 on-axis is a good idea, as far as finding the base settings goes.
    I also said that once we do nail a set of settings, i'd love to hear the power-section work a little harder, so i asked if some more volume is feasible - master on 4 or so.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I just downloaded and tried out Pack 4, The first 4 profiles are right up my alley. They sound great! Not surprisingly the BE100 sounds almost the same as my Bogner Helios 100. It may have more gain on tap, but the tone and the feel are very much alike.

• Yes, DJEMass does GREAT work!!!

If youre curious about how im getting the reverb check out my thread in the tips and tricks subforum for advanc3d reverb presets. Theres a bunch of them and more to come soon. Im going to release them all as a profile pack, so no usb sticks needed

• Yes, DJEMass does GREAT work!!!

If youre curious about how im getting the reverb check out my thread in the tips and tricks subforum for advanc3d reverb presets. Theres a bunch of them and more to come soon. Im going to release them all as a profile pack, so no usb sticks needed

Awesome, thank you!

• HAWP-7 profiles are done.

In this session we tested the effects of the master volume control. I went from 2 to 8 in increments of 1. I didn't really want to go past 8 because I was a little worried about the SPL on the AT4040 mic. And once I hit 5 it was stupid loud :)

What I found interesting was watching the gain LED on the Kemper as I scrolled through the profiles. Beyond that, I'll let you guys draw your own conclusions. Tell me what you think...

The profiles are located here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v0y…wPMS_OLaZBvi8qg1xlva?dl=0

• Will try them out in a couple of minutes.

So, we're settled on the 57 being off-axis?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• just tried them all out extensively. for phase 6, i found that I preferred the VL over VR every time - VL seems fuller and more natural, VR sounds like something is being forced. I also really liked the C1's. I preferred it over C0 - seems to give the distortion a little midrange boost and smooth it out a little bit. Of course, sometimes I like a rougher distortion tone, so I'd like any profiles to have this switch both ways. I did not like F1 or S1 unless C1 was also on. S0 vs. S1 - I seemed to always to prefer S0 in every case. And for the Fat switch - I didn't like it for a hot distortion rhythm tone. It worked well for leads or crunch rhythm (no boosts turned on), but most of the time I preferred it was off. Again, I only really liked it when C1 was on.

As for phase 7 (much easier comparisons here :-)), I found master at 3 or 4 sounded best. After that things start getting loose and rough...in a bad way. Master at 2 got too thin - 3 and 4 sounded progressively thicker, but I'm not sure exactly which I prefer more.

As for 57 on vs off, i preferred on from phase 5, but either way sounds great to me.

• just tried them all out extensively. for phase 6, i found that I preferred the VL over VR every time - VL seems fuller and more natural, VR sounds like something is being forced. I also really liked the C1's. I preferred it over C0 - seems to give the distortion a little midrange boost and smooth it out a little bit. Of course, sometimes I like a rougher distortion tone, so I'd like any profiles to have this switch both ways. I did not like F1 or S1 unless C1 was also on. S0 vs. S1 - I seemed to always to prefer S0 in every case. And for the Fat switch - I didn't like it for a hot distortion rhythm tone. It worked well for leads or crunch rhythm (no boosts turned on), but most of the time I preferred it was off. Again, I only really liked it when C1 was on.

As for phase 7 (much easier comparisons here :-)), I found master at 3 or 4 sounded best. After that things start getting loose and rough...in a bad way. Master at 2 got too thin - 3 and 4 sounded progressively thicker, but I'm not sure exactly which I prefer more.

As for 57 on vs off, i preferred on from phase 5, but either way sounds great to me.

Thanks for the detailed response, that's some good info. I have a feeling that I was wrong about the an-axis vs. off-axis :)

• Hey!

I tried these just before we started to practice with the band & I gotta say these are by far the best Friedman profiles I have tried! Sounded good thru my monitor setup and our PA as well. Good job!

Thanks! This has been a fun project and I have learned a few things which is really cool :D

• I wonder if we've done enough testing. Should we start making some profiles or should we try a few more tests? I'm up for whatever, it's up to you guys, just let me know what you want to do.

I agree with everything here - although I liked the VR switch due to a bit more clarity when hitting full chords. But not a big difference to me. Agree on the C1, the 0 degree angle and the master volume 3-4, leaning toward the "4".

And let me just say that this is friggin EPIC. Great of you to do all this work. Now, this is COMMUNITY :)