Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• not sure what's left to test or if it's even worth the effort - we're getting real close to splitting hairs. my vote is for some dialed-in profiles, but I think we should wait until others have some time to test out phases 6 and 7 and see if they echo my conclusions.

What a fun and engaging way to do this - I wish I was in the studio with you, but this is definitely the next best thing. Great times to own a KPA.

• regarding phase 5 - I vote also for 0 degree
    regarding phase 6 - love these options, comparisons absolutely.. prefer VL to VR but like very much S1 on..
    regarding phase 7 - like very much master 2, 3 and 4.. after these it is quite I would say strange..

many many thanks.. :thumbup:

• Haven't run through the latest updates yet, but had some studio time yesterday and wanted to share.
    This is dual tracked with the BE B7M6T6 with the switch on the right position, and i swapped the cabs out for the on-axis ones.
    Some on-Kemper tweaks (power sagging and a boost @ 9.5KHz) but otherwise, no post-processing.

Bass may be a tad overboard... Sorry about that.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Right Tim, I have gave Phase 6 and 7 a good listen to and also revisited phase 1 to 4.

Phase 6 to me is me far the best set of profiles yet. In the opposite of meambobbo, I am personally preferring Voice switch R over L every time, I prefer that more upfront midrange. However like meambobbo, I was also not really finding a use to me for the FAT switch for playing heavy rhythms unless it’s in conjunction with the SAT and C45 switch engaged and I still preferred without. It just gets a bit too loose and muddy for me. I did find the FAT switch nice on leads though.

The C45 switch I like with and without, so once again like meambobbo I personally would like to see profiles with it off and engaged. I really like the SAT switch being a rock/metal player, it just gives that little extra push I need.

My very favourites from Phase 6 are:
    HAWP6 VR F0 C0 S1
    HAWP6 VR F0 C1 S1

I absolutely loved having a jam through these and would go as far to say they are probably overall my favourite profiles I’ve heard to date. The only profiles which sound and feel as good as these to me are my Direct Out EVH 5150 3 profiles I made with obviously my favourite settings.

As for Phase 7, while I liked Master Volume 2, I preferred 3 and 4 as meambobbo also did. You can clearly hear in the profiles the power amp “shaving” the fizz and pushing the mid range and compressing as it is saturating at the higher volumes. I think after 4 it starts going downhill.

While these off-axis settings sound great I think personally I would prefer on-axis after hearing the comparison once again in Phase 5 if the settings were all kept the same.

All in all if I were to suggest only 1 personal profile setting I’d like if you ever had time, I would really appreciate the following plus a direct out version would be greatly appreciated.

BE Gain 8 Bass 6 Mid 8 Treb 7 Pres7 Master 4 VR F0 C0 S1 On Axis

I know this is the free profiles section but I’d be prepared to pay for a personal set of profiles from you Tim if you ever had time, as there are a few settings I’d like. You name your price haha.

• I would like to thank also to you meambobbo for your VH rig.. I would have never thought to use in MOD section Micro pitch with 0.0 setting ecc.. I have changed few settings to my taste (like decreasing % MIX in reverb section ecc) but as a starting point to VH kind of sound is your rig an absolute must, IMHO!!! thanks :thumbup:

for today I have ended with this kind of sound.. unfortunately, soundcloud does not translate it the same way as I hear it at home playbacking it through KRK VXT4 :(

do not consider my playing..

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ps: no phaser is engaged at the moment..

• Wow, thanks everyone for taking the time to test these profiles and provide such valuable feedback, also many thanks for the demos, I think the demos sound fantastic and I know that it took some time to make them so thanks!

As far as the HBE channel, there were some samples in the HAWP-1, 2 and 3 sessions but for whatever reason I neglected to include the HBE channel after that. That being said, I was planning on making a set of duplicate profiles with each channel, unless you all have a different idea.

If all goes well, I would like to make some profiles tomorrow (Monday the 19th). But I’m hoping that you all can help me decipher what choices you have made based on the testing that we have done so far.

* It seems like we are split between the Voice switch being left or right so maybe we should just do a duplicate set of profiles with each setting?
    * It seems like most want the SM57 On-Axis (correct me if I’m wrong).
    * It seems like we want the Master Volume from 3 to 4 so maybe we should split the difference and go with 3.5?

But as far as the tone controls and option switches I could use some help narrowing it down.

It might take a few sessions to get them all done but I’m up for the challenge.

• Sounds great Tim. Would be excellent to have duplicates with say BE and HBE settings and the voice switch.

I like and agree with your 3 points at the end there. As I mentioned I personally like settings with the Sat switch in and also with the Sat and C45 in at the same time.

• Sounds great Tim. Would be excellent to have duplicates with say BE and HBE settings and the voice switch.

I like and agree with your 3 points at the end there. As I mentioned I personally like settings with the Sat switch in and also with the Sat and C45 in at the same time.

If I did all gain settings in increments of one that would be 60 profiles, which is doable but it will take some time. And I want to circle back and make DI profiles too so that would be 120 profiles, again, this is not a problem but it will take some time.

Does anyone else have a preference on the option switch settings? (If you've already said so and I missed it I'm sorry, please say again because I don't want to miss anyone)

What about the tone settings? Which of the following settings would you guys prefer, or do you want a slight variation of one of these?

HAWP-1
    Bass = 7
    Mid = 8
    Treb = 5.5
    Pres = 5

HAWP-2
    Bass = 7
    Mid = 8
    Treb = 5.5
    Pres = 5

HAWP-3
    Bass = 4
    Mid = 8
    Treb = 6.5
    Pres = 7

HAWP-4
    Bass = 7
    Mid = 7
    Treb = 6
    Pres = 5

HAWP-5
    Bass = 7
    Mid = 7
    Treb = 6
    Pres = 5

HAWP-6
    Bass = 4
    Mid = 8
    Treb = 7
    Pres = 7

HAWP-7
    Bass = 4
    Mid = 8
    Treb =
    7Pres = 7

• I think i was the only one who liked sat off so lets just throw that option out.

Im curious to know what the fat switch sounds like if you compensate the bass knob so it doesnt just sound like it adds bass. Forgive me for not reading up on the switches, but is it a pre-distortion bass boost or does it add lower frequencies or otherwise have a different character from the bass knob? Unless im missing something important, it sounded like most of us basically preferred it off.

It would be nice to have profiles of every single sweet spot we can find, but in practicality, i dont see any real use for that. Id only want 5-10 profiles, with the "uber" sweet spots. Anything beyond that is too subtle to fret over.

As for tone settings, i really liked that b7m6t6p5 profile from phase 4, but i think b7m7t6p5 should be just as good. Thats my main vote. If possible maybe also an option thats brighter, like the b4m8t7p7 option.

Edit: oh one other thing. I think itd be nice to do cat both on and off. But if necessary do on only

• FAT is pre-gain.
    I'm not particularly interested, myself, and it seems it can be done with a simple EQ in the Kemper, or by lowering definition.
    SAT also doesn't really strike me as exciting, seeing as BE on 7 is perfect and HBE on 7 is overboard. We're hardly short on gain.
    It may be nice to do some selected profiles with gain reduced but SAT kicked in to compensate, but that's really... particular.
    I found no mention of the CAT option, i'm guessing meambobbo meant C45 - if so, i concur. Would love it both on and off.

I'm with meambobbo - B7M6T6P5 was best, but mids on 7 will be alright, i can EQ later. Gain on 7 for the BE, master on 3.5, 57 on-axis sounds lovely.
    Haven't tried the last phases yet so i can only say that theoretically, i'd love a little push to the top end and a profile with the C45 switch on.
    Obviously, if you see two options sound overly similar, just ditch them. I don't think many would mind, and the difference of one point on the EQ scale is often not as drastic when recording.

I'll probably get to say this a couple more times before this is done, but a huge thanks. You're doing an awesome job, and this is already making some waves in the community - I think we'll be seeing more communal projects around soon.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

Edited once, last by Quitty ().

• HAWP-9 profiles are done (I skipped 8 for a moment).

I've been wanting to try the new DI/Merged profiles with firmware 2.7.4 and when Liam requested a particular profile I thought that this would be a good time to test it. So I did a quick set of profiles based on his request.

The amp settings are:
    BE Gain = 8
    Bass = 6
    Mid = 8
    Treb = 7
    Pres = 7
    Master Vol = 4
    Voice Switch = Right
    FAT = Off
    C45 = Off
    SAT = On

For the full profile the SM57 was On-Axis, see the readme file for details.

HAWP9 Full (This is the full or studio profile)
    HAWP9 DI (This is the DI profile made with the new profiling method, it has no CAB)
    HAWP9 MRG (This is a copy of the DI profile with the CAB from the full profile merged into it)

I didn't spend a whole bunch of time testing these, but they do seem to be the same as the DI/Merged profiles that I made with firmware 2.8 Experimental, meaning, both firmware versions seem to work the same, but I have not tried to open these profiles in 2.8.

If you all get a chance to mess with these, I'm curious if the DI profile and the MRG profile with the cab disabled sounds authentic when ran into your real guitar cab. Also, if you get a chance to merge other CAB's or IR's into the DI profile how is that working out?

Please note that if you want to merge (as opposed to copy) a CAB into the DI profile you will need to be running firmware 2.7.4 or 2.8, and you will need to go to page 8 in the system menu and press the fourth button over the screen, there is no text under the button but it will light up telling you that you are now in the new profiling method, then once you copy the CAB into the DI profile you will see a button called Merge, press that to actually merge the CAB.

The profiles are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/44i…4KVTpvInvusfY5lcd4pa?dl=0

• Hi Tim, I would be interested in one profile with these settings if possible.. But if you have no time no problem.. Really appreciate a lot what you have done so far!!! Cannot test the last phase at the moment..

HBE Gain = 7
    Bass = 6
    Mid = 4
    Treb = 7
    Pres = 5
    Master Vol = fro2,5
    Voice Switch = left
    FAT = Off
    C45 = On
    SAT = On

• No problem, these will be the HAWP-10 profiles and they are located here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3e0…phQUTSpD9oYr2tOfyM3a?dl=0

• The HAWP-8 profiles are half done, I finished profiling the BE channel but I still need to do the HBE channel, but I thought I'd share what I've completed so far.

I looked at the last few comments on the tone controls and I tried to split the difference so we could all get some profiles to play with. If these settings are not what you were looking for don't worry, once I complete the HBE channel with these settings I'd be happy to make some custom profiles based on your exact spec's.

Please note, I intended on doing a complete duplicate set of profiles with the new DI profiling method but due to the number of profiles involved I figured that most of the effort would be a waste of time, so, once everyone has had a chance to try all of the HAWP-8 profiles I will take requests for DI profiles.

The HAWP-8 profiles are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kx0…bUPfd9nNqAL6boZlUR_a?dl=0

• The HAWP-8 profiles are now complete.

If you notice, "HAWP-8F HBE10 VLC1S1" and "HAWP-8F HBE10 VRC1S1" are not included, this is because the Kemper said that the amp was too noisy so it would not profile the amp at these settings.

I am now taking any special requests for profiles of this amp, if you want any custom profiles please specify the following:

Bass
    Mid
    Treble
    Pres
    Voice Switch (Left or Right)
    FAT Switch (Off or On)
    C45 Switch (Off or On)
    SAT Switch (Off or On)
    Gain
    Master Volume
    And anything else you can think of.

The most resent profiles were made with the following mic positions/mixes, you can also request something different but please be as specific as possible:
    Shure SM57 & Audio Technical AT4040.
    SM57 was 2" from the front of the speaker frame, 1/2 inch from the edge of the dome, angle = 0deg, level = 0dB.
    AT4040 was 2" from the front of the speaker frame, 1" from the edge of the dome, angle = 0deg, level = -5dB, Treble = -5 (on the mixer).
    Mic's were ran into an Allen Heath Mix Wizard 16:2 and then into the KPA.

Also please specify if you want the standard full/studio profiles and/or if you want the new DI profiles. If you use a real guitar cab or ever plan to use a real guitar cab I highly recommend the new DI profiles. You can copy the CAB from the full profile and merge it into the DI profile, then disable the CAB on the monitor output and have a perfect (amp in the room) sound on stage while sending a perfect mic'd amp tone to the mains, it works really good :)

The HAWP-8 profiles are located here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kx0…bUPfd9nNqAL6boZlUR_a?dl=0