Expression Pedal Review Thread - please post your reviews here :)

• Just brought the Dunlop dvp3 pedal, only 1 at the min, for when the remote is released. I'm going to see how I get on with 1 first and see if I can do everything I want wah, vol, whammy etc and I'm not dancing around, if not I'll buy another. While trying the Dunlop I was very impressed and loved the fact you could change the tension, I just need to think about a pedal board so it can all be attached as I wanna stay away from connecting pedals and lead up every gig. I Don't want anything bulky because sometimes my band plays in venues where there is very little room so it needs to be as big as the remote and 2 expression pedals as I have a feeling I might need another one.

• Just brought the Dunlop dvp3 pedal, only 1 at the min, for when the remote is released. I'm going to see how I get on with 1 first and see if I can do everything I want wah, vol, whammy etc and I'm not dancing around, if not I'll buy another. While trying the Dunlop I was very impressed and loved the fact you could change the tension, I just need to think about a pedal board so it can all be attached as I wanna stay away from connecting pedals and lead up every gig. I Don't want anything bulky because sometimes my band plays in venues where there is very little room so it needs to be as big as the remote and 2 expression pedals as I have a feeling I might need another one.

I'm using this one http://www.thomann.de/de/thon_case_fuer_line6_fbv.htm
    which was originally made for the Line 6 longboard. The Remote plus 2 DVP-3’s will fit perfectly.

• I'm using this one http://www.thomann.de/de/thon_case_fuer_line6_fbv.htm
    which was originally made for the Line 6 longboard. The Remote plus 2 DVP-3’s will fit perfectly.

Thanks Ingolf. That looks quite good. How do the pedals fit to the board? Velcro? and I'm not quite sure of the lip on a case does it get in the way, or make it awkward to hit the right pedal, as you have to bring your foot up over the lip of the case to press a switch??

• Precisely. Worked well for me (haven't used it since getting my FCB, but that'll change once the Remote arrives!). It's not that annoying when it's in the case either, but you might find it too bothersome, having singing duties on top of the tap dancing...;-)

Cheers,
    Sam

• Precisely. Worked well for me (haven't used it since getting my FCB, but that'll change once the Remote arrives!). It's not that annoying when it's in the case either, but you might find it too bothersome, having singing duties on top of the tap dancing...;-)

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanks Sam, if that case works like that, I'll be ordering one straight away. Fingers crossed it does.

• Thanks Ingolf. That looks quite good. How do the pedals fit to the board? Velcro? and I'm not quite sure of the lip on a case does it get in the way, or make it awkward to hit the right pedal, as you have to bring your foot up over the lip of the case to press a switch??

velcro won't do the job if using the pedals in live, wild, situation. with wild I mean going free with the foot, which can be hard or soft accordingly.

I have found, some months ago the pedalboots which I found unbeatable. since my rocktron pedals are identical in dimension as the crybaby, this company has a dedicated pedalboot which is simply a special polymer housing which you will attach to the board with screws. I have made a flipping tests for this company. check them here: http://www.pedalboots.com/

cannot be happier. since I applied them my pedals haven't moved a millimeter from their position.

I used to attach them with velcro but first you need a hard plastic velcro (the textile one won't do anything), and second you need to attach the female side of the velcro to the board and there is where the issues come because no matter what glue I used when I attach the pedals the velcro won't stick to the board

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Looks like a great, permanent solution. I've had some success with this stuff, though. Only problem being, that if you ever DO want to move your pedals, you'll have to use a new set of strips, as it's always the glue that gives before the Velcro separates. Once it's unstuck, it's useless.

Cheers,
    Sam

• No you put the Remote and the pedals inside the case.
    Because of their own height the lid is not disturbing for me, Although you could put them higher if you cut hard foam of 1 cm thicker (which is very easy to do) and lay it on the floor of the case.

Oh, shame. This is the one I've got.

By the way, I've seen people drill holes in their board and use those plastic fasteners that police use to cuff football hooligans with to fix pedals securely.

Edit : actually it's this one

Cheers,
    Sam

• yeah, Sammy, this was the velcro I used to use. I consider it the industrial velcro since the stripes stick to each other in a incredible strong way. I always had problem with the glueing of the stripes either on the pedalboard and on the pedal itself. because the resident adhesive (on the other side of the velcro) doesn't work.

this is why I adopted the pedalboots: no glue...only screws

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Strange, I only ever had a problem if I had to take the strips up again (if I placed them incorrectly or something). Then the glue is less than half as effective.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Used my DVP3 tonite at a gig and all was well very impressed with the way the wah worked and sounded. Even the bass player in my band said "bloody hell that wah sounds good" so thank you guys for recommending this expression pedal :)

one question, we played in a very dark pub and I could not see the pedal at all it was pitch black, anyone have this issue and has a good idea to sort it. I was going to put a small piece of glue in the dark sticker to the pedal.

Also used it for whammy (pitch pedal) as well, never used a whammy in my life. Is there a way to get the whammy to reset back to normal tuning when you stop using the pedal. I put it into toe position but it was still active and changed the pitch, the only way to reset it was turn the stomp off and then on again.