Usb problem

• My kemper stopped recognizing my USB key. I've tried 4 different ones after...none would work with it. The Os version is 2.3. So im stuck there, cant update or load in profiles... ;(

Anyone had this problem??? Is it just the USB plug that is broken? I hope so, that would be a 2$ fix.

• I tried reformating usb keys on computer. The KPA still won't recognized them... Also keys with light on them on light up when plugged in the Kemper Usb port... making it suspicious all together (but I can't remember if lights on usb key worked before with the KPA).

Also tried a system restore for the KPA (holding < > keys at startup) with a usb stick loaded with the last os. It didn't recognize any usb key with this operation either.

• Hi Dorrus,

I tried your solution with a simple electronic contact-cleaner (that does wonder to old glitchy pots and other stuff...)...no success :o(. Guess I will have to send it for a repair. Waiting for an update with Kemper about how to ship it.

• Hi Damian,

No, the "external storage" tab doesn't show up. Even if I let the stick for a long time or move to different windows within the KPA. Also, the same problem arise with every stick, even newly formatted ones on the computer.

Probably a dead USB connector

• Hi Dorrus,

I tried your solution with a simple electronic contact-cleaner (that does wonder to old glitchy pots and other stuff...)...no success :o(. Guess I will have to send it for a repair. Waiting for an update with Kemper about how to ship it.

please please please: don't use contact-cleaner on the USB port (or even better: don't *ever* use contact cleaner.. period: it's evil!)

most problems people have had with USB sticks, have been solved by using another stick: so please use another stick and try again.

• I just received a used power rack and I am having this same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution or reason for this, I would love to update to the new version but the sticks I have and bought are not doing anything except lighting up on the stick itself. I formatted on the computer like suggested but none of the things I attempted are working. It is as if the stick is simply not there other than the light indicating power to the stick.