Remote details and price announced!

• Guys,

No disrespect meant, but the discussion about price of the remote is pointless. It is based on research, manufacturing, parts and yes...some profit to keep the company and its people going.

If you compare other high-end controllers you will find that these are normal price ranges and you get what you pay for ...look at your 1010....see what I mean?

You bought a high-end guitar amp and i don't understand why you would skimp out on such an important device like a controller....since everyone complains about the 1010 or has issues with others etc.. If you look at Bogner, Engl etc... you have to pay extra for your controller too and these are not cheap either. To compare it...you got a Maserati but you are driving on 4 spare emergency tires...what good is that?

So, please let's celebrate the release of a great new tool to extend and help our musical creativity and performances. :)

Thanks,

German

• Excellent post lightspeeder!!! Everyone has been wanting this for ages, and now it's due for release, people are complaining about the price.

• I don't see what "wanting this for ages" has to do with it being overpriced.

Just a quick calculation: Remote + case/bag + 2 expression pedals + good quality replacement cable -> over 800 euros to replace my FCB

Just a quick calculation: Remote + case/bag + 2 expression pedals + good quality replacement cable -> over 800 euros to replace my FCB

FCB is terrible build quality, and can not be promised to integrate totally as FW's change. The remote will be. It's a bit like driving a ferrari and putting cheap budget tyres on it. we have the Ferrari of guitar amps and the remote is the pirelli tyres together they are going to work together and give you the best performance possible. £400 I think is just the right price for it's build quality and inyergration and the other features another floorboard won't do :)

• That's a very good summary.

• It seems like usual statistics here.
    1. For one third the price and price/feature ratio is just right. They will buy immediately.
    2. For one third the feature set is right but the price a bit too high. They will buy eventually, but later.
    3. For one third the price/feature ratio is negative. They won't buy but stick to their FCB's.
    Nothing wrong with it.
    The profiler is not for everyone.
    The remote isn't either.
    So what?

• Although everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, and the right to express it, it seems that nowadays, people feel that they HAVE to express it, or it ruins their day.
    Most people could use a bit more "shut the fuck up" in their lives ;) I don't know about other people, but I just don't have the time to spare to vent my own little negative opinion about everything, even if it doesn't effect me or my life whatsoever. For this topic however, I'm glad to make an exception ;)

Their are many other footswitches on the market, people have been using the kemper live for years now. If this dedicated switch doesn't fulfill your needs, look elsewhere. For all the rest: dig in!

No hard feelings however, and this post probably looks worse than it is ;)

I will agree though, that it is a bit pricey. But so is the alternative. Plus this is perfectly matched for the kemper. All solutions have some downsides compared to the KFC. It's either build quality, or functionality, or convenience and ease of use. It seems that, unless you use the KFC, you'll have to suffer in at least one of these areas. The fact that the looper is exclusive to the KFC, is a bit sneaky of course, or you could call it clever marketing. For me, it's not such a cool move from the company, something I'm not used to from Kemper, but hey, money is the name of the game. You can be damn sure that developing something like this and bringing it to the marketplace costs major €, especially in Germany. For that money, you'll get German quality. I've always used as much German gear (when it comes to amplification) as I could, and I'm willing to spend the money because I know it'll be durable, well thought-through, logical and it just works. (I'm not German by the way :p )

For the people that won't buy the KFC, but still want a switch: rest assured that a lot of 2nd hand stuff will hit the market come April :P

Excellant points! My FCB does everything I need. New controller is cool but unnecessary in my studio. ;)

• Excellant points! My FCB does everything I need. New controller is cool but unnecessary in my studio. ;)

This can be true, I've been using my FCB for 2 years since ive had my KPA and it's worked fine. i'm a KPA fan boy and I'm not shy to say that and I've never had tone like this before ever and it's been a complete game changer for me both live and in the studio. This Saturday some guy was taking pics of my band just because he couldn't believe he was watching a pub band with no back line (as my bass player has one too)and with a sound quality in his words "amazing" I have no doubt the remote will be good and on the same lines as the KPA for £400 I'm willing to give it a good old go and no doubt I'll be a very happy Kemper/remote user. Everyone has their own needs and budget and I totally respect that. But for me the remote is the final piece to the puzzle and I can't wait to get this jigsaw complete

• I love the design, the separate pedal integration, of course the built in looper. It would be nice to incorporate quality volume, expression pedals plus some analogue stomps in one setup. However, for the cash$ I will be sticking to uno 4 Kemper for a while!

Now can someone smarter than me hurry up and develop a diy instructional mod to control and power the fcb via the rj 45 ! This certainly seems doable and why I haven't gone to any other single cable mod yet!

• Looks just fine, but what if Your using a Rig with A,B,C,D X, Mod, delay and reverb all engaged, would that work? The Remote has 4 fx switches (and 4 exp pedal connections). Would you have to use 4 pedals, or is there a way around this?
    /Hans J

• Looks just fine, but what if Your using a Rig with A,B,C,D X, Mod, delay and reverb all engaged, would that work? The Remote has 4 fx switches (and 4 exp pedal connections). Would you have to use 4 pedals, or is there a way around this?
    /Hans J

You can set the I-IV buttons to be assigned to more than one effect if that's what you mean :)

• May be s stupid question, but will the looper unit also contain some integrated drums you think?

If not, how can I best integrate that with this controller (I now have a G5 Zoom and hope that it can retire).

Any suggestions how I can integrate drums into the looper????

• May be s stupid question, but will the looper unit also contain some integrated drums you think?

If not, how can I best integrate that with this controller (I now have a G5 Zoom and hope that it can retire).

Any suggestions how I can integrate drums into the looper????

With the Kemper Remote looper you can't.
    It is not like the Boss or JamMan loopers where you can draw loops from an SD card.
    It is WYSIWYG 30 secs. of instant looping and will enrich your musical context on the fly. That is its concept.
    If you want to use external drums you need to use an external source

• I haven't gone to any other single cable mod yet![/quote]
    Look here: http://www.fcb1010.eu/[/quote] I'm aware of that mod thanks though. I meant something that would not require a separate converter box, use the existing rj 45 out on the kemper, use a readily available rj45 cable and not cost more than the fcb did to the U.S.