Footswitch Looper only 30 seconds

• I have a long experience with loopers, having owned Boss' flagship unit for a while and still own a JamMan delay.
    This is not a looper like the Boss or JamMan line where you can fire pre- recorded loops or even songs or parts of songs (like my JamMan delay).
    But it is a WYSIWIG unit that integrates seamlessly.
    It will be perfect to enrich any musical context on the fly and as such 30 seconds is more than enough believe me.

• I have a long experience with loopers, having owned Boss' flagship unit for a while and still own a JamMan delay.
    This is not a looper like the Boss or JamMan line where you can fire pre- recorded loops or even songs or parts of songs (like my JamMan delay).
    But it is a WYSIWIG unit that integrates seamlessly.
    It will be perfect to enrich any musical context on the fly and as such 30 seconds is more than enough believe me.

Igolf,

have you ever used the infinity looper from pigtronix?

• I would like to know this as well...been trying to search forums for info on using midi pedals other than the Kemper foot controller, but I must not be putting in the right keywords...no luck.

Have the looper working fine with midi CC messages. You have to send a total of 4 CC messages to the Kemper to initiate looper functions.

This is actually the commands I learnt from WS, this is a very old thread:

CC#=Controller Number, V=Value

Rec/Play/Overdub: CC#99 V125, CC#98 V88, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

Stop/Erase:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V89, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

Undo:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V93, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

TriggerCC#99 V125, CC#98 V90, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

ReverseCC#99 V125, CC#98 V91, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

1/2 SpeedCC#99 V125, CC#98 V92, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

• the looper is only 30 seconds, I wish it was more,

Yes It would be nice if it would be more.
    With 1/2 speed the time is doubled.
    I think the looper function is a nice gadget for testing rigs or tweaking profiles.
    It's nice to practice some riffs or phrases.
    For life performance I would not use. There are better and more powerfull one at the market.

• the looper is only 30 seconds, I wish it was more

The key point to remember here is that the reason why those loopers are better and offer more features, is because that is their main purpose. The main purpose of the Kemper controller is not to act as a looper. The looping ability, as limited as it is, should be looked at as a bonus in addition to the controller performing it's primary job.

For me personally, I think the aspect of the Kemper looper that needs to be addressed before any others is the lack of ability to control the volume of the loops. But again, I keep reminding myself, it's just an added perk. It's not supposed to be a top of the line looper.