Stompbox modelling similar to DI profile creation

• Wondering if this can be made a reality. I know it'll be tough to create models of things like delay. But what about a basic stompbox, doesn't even have to have multiple settings, or could have modelled settings.

I was thinking it could be done on the same principle that Kemper Amplifiers has used to separate cabinets and amplifiers, i.e. a sort of subtractive process that distinguishes each separate sound. In this case the sound of stompbox + amp + cabinet would delete the sound of amp + cabinet to come up with stompbox.

These could be used just as a single preset, or if possible, maybe even a preset that can be tweaked similar to the way the Kemper allows you to tweak amplifiers at present, which is a sort of modelling based on the original sound.

I think it would be a great feature and a way to simplify setups. ^^

• Well, this would be a real wet dream for me. Or alternatively, once our developers find the time, they could also add more variety to the existing stomp distortion / overdrive / fuzz boxes. But honestly, I don't see none of the options to become reality, because
    1) Stomps can be profiled with the amp.
    2) The developers statements I have read on the forum always point out that they don't see any stomp fuzz pedal sound that the existing stomps in the KPA couldn't recreate (adding eqs and such - although I am too dumb to see that for myself)
    3) Profiling stomps on their own and then adding them to an existing amp profile would mean that the KPA must be capable of having to active profiles at the same time - which it cannot.

Thus ... only wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

• Dunno if this is feasible but I like your way of thinking.

• Did I hear somebody say profile the stomp box on its own then 'merge' it with an amp profile??

Merging is the current word/activity so why can't this be achievable via this approach?

I'd much rather profile the amp without the stomp then add/merge it when I need it. Much cleaner way of doing it with far more
    options on tap across the board.

I am so wanting to profile and add my Fulldrive Comp Cut mode to profiles so I can finally get rid of another
    stomp. A good Fulldrive in this mode assists Single Coil guitars in getting Humbucker like results when needed.

In future I see profiling then merging many things ourselves as the building block process of achieving a final overall amp profile.