Who's ordered a Kemper Remote

• Not yet. Will wait to see some videos of it in use before spending that on a controller. There are definitely some pluses that are appealing, but I'll need some more input before I hit the pay button.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Lol yep but in the old days they used to use pigeons to carry messages instead of email lol ;)

lol You beat me to it. Why roll down your guitar volume when you can step on a button? Old habits, I guess. I've never had a one channel amp. A channel set to clean has a far superior sound to an overdriven channel with the guitar turned down, in my opinion.

• I'm in. :)

The other guitarist in my band and I are in the process of finally setting up midi automation.

I need a foot controller as a manual backup, of course, in case something goes wrong with the midi signal, and also for rehearsing unfinished songs that haven't been programmed yet. Until now, that meant using a midi merger to combine the midi automation signal with the one from my FCB1010, which is a bit of a hassle to set up and an adds a possible failure point. My Kemper won't always recognize the Uno4Kemper connection with the merger in-between; also, for complicated reasons the Uno4Kemper chip can only communicate with the Kemper on midi channel one, so if you want to midi-automate two Kempers independently you can't set them to different channels, meaning that you have to use two separate midi interfaces... I'm currently the only Kemper player in the band, but it still sucks to be stuck with channel one, which we were planning to use for other midi stuff.

The Remote's network cable connection will solve all that. :) It leaves the midi ports free for communication with other devices.

• I bought a VG-99 back in the day. Very expensive for me at the time but useless without an FC-300, which was even more cost. I kept debating on that or FCB and ended up with neither and VG-99 collecting dust. Not going to do that again...

I could get an FCB but I've never been happy with its quality, or chip modding, or pedal adjustments, or programming.

Other MIDI controllers fix a lot of this, but are more expensive than KR for a guy who has no other MIDI gear.

Ordered my Remote.

• It definitely is a drool worthy piece of gear. I unfortunately had to vote "will get one later on" due to other things on the anvil, which cannot wait. There wasn't any burning need for me to order two months in advance either, I'm confident that supply will stabilise eventually, just like it has with the Kemper.

All you early birds, looking forward to some videos when you get the device in hand. The things I'm looking for are:
    1) Programming ease
    2) Looper functionality
    3) Advanced control features
    4) Hardware reviews

That's all ;)

• I ordered one too... and Ill be checking it out very closely indeed when I get it ;)

Oh and I have another little ditty that should be interesting for some rack users... which is a few weeks from arriving too.

I sincerely hope that this remote pedal is better than what I already have... (G-Lab 3) we shall see.

Careful I'm watching you...

• I ordered one. My reasons were 1) tuner access and display 2) activation of individual stomp fx (couldn't do it with my Tech21 MIDI Moose) 3) only one cable. so: no power supply and distribution, no tuner stompbox on my pedalboard any more (actually no pedalboard at all in the future, haha)

I'm also Interested in the looper, but it was not the main reason why I bought it.

• Don't need it. Too expensive. More complicated than my homemade 4 button switch board. So I bought it. :D This fits all my usual criteria for purchasing objects of desire.

Hehe, i like your way of thinking.
    Clearly you are an intuitive person (which is a quality that's good for an artist). :)

• I will wait until there will be a bargain offer and until the the first bugfixes are out.

Bugfixes are via firmware and as I said elsewhere usually are dealt with by Kemper in a very timely manner (as we all know).
    Also I wouldn't hold my breath for a bargain offer for quite a while.

• I ordered a couple of days ago.

1. I like the size.
    2. I like the display (and its automatic reflection of the state of the KPA).
    3. I like the single cable connection (including power).
    4. I like integration with Performance Mode.
    5. I like dedicated tap tempo and tuner buttons
    6. I like expression pedal inputs.

• I'm in ... I can use the looper and like the idea of a factory Remote, designed to work seamlessly with my KPA plus it's one cable. Very clean setup. And I already have a Mission Expression which will integrate nicely.

Yeah, $600 is gonna hurt a little but what the hell, I've blown that much on other gear that wasn't nearly as cool or useful.

• I signed up for the early bird, but haven't heard peep yet... Ready to order though!

I sent an early bird mail to Kemper on Dec 24th, have not recieved anything from them either so i ordered yesterday, though i have no idea how pre paid will work..

• for complicated reasons the Uno4Kemper chip can only communicate with the Kemper on midi channel one

Just for your info : the latest UnO4Kemper firmware works around that issue, and allows you to use the Kemper on any MIDI channel. What's more important: 2 days ago I got a reply from the Kemper R&D team, mentioning that a later Profiler firmware update will solve this issue, so old-time UnO4Kemper users will also be able to control the Profiler on any MIDI channel. Actually I wanted to mention this here because I find that quite amazing : in the middle of the heat of the Remote release (for sure very busy times for the R&D team), this same R&D team takes the time to do a firmware change which probably only benefits 3rd party controllers. Great company.