best place to buy profiles from ?

• have you tried guidorist? I do like some of his profiles better than the ones from mbritt because they are (usually) just the amp and maybe a (nescessary) noise gate but no reverb etc. I will always use these on my own terms, first i need a good sounding amp profile.

I didn't buy a commercial yet but a few very good profiles are alread in the kpa from stock i think.

once a purist, then analog pragmatic and finally a digital believer who found out that you can't hear a mosquito fart in a band-context.

• Best is to check out the commercial sellers by listening to clips

When listening to the clips that sellers offer, it's also good to be aware of the kinds of guitars used to make them in addition to the style of music. MBritt, for example, plays in a country / rock band and leans heavily on single coil pickups. What sounds excellent through a Strat for a mid crunch rock thing might not be the droid you're looking for when you plug in a Les Paul with high gain humbuckers, and would doubtless be less than desirable for some forms of metal.

Also, personal style comes into play. Top Jimi does a lot of high gain stuff, but the ones I bought are absolutely drenched in reverb. They're good profiles and the saturation may sound good for his playing, but I find myself reaching for the knob to dial them back. I this particular case, the base profile is still good and an additional effect can be reduced or removed to get you where you want to go.

People often complain after getting profiles that it doesn't sound like it did in the clip but that's understandable since you're probably not playing their guitar or perhaps even their style of music. And that's before we even get into the whole "tone is in the fingers" thing (I always wondered what those callouses were hiding).

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Tons of FREE stuff available (factory installed, RM, or on the forums):

Lasse Lammert has some awesome factory stuff

MentaL has posted some great free stuff.

ML Sound Lab recently posted a nice Recto

Nick K (aka NIL ) has posted at least 1/2 dozen free profiles

Deadlight Studio

Evil Audio (aka DannyEvil)

@Deadpan/LRS/LiveReadySound

• have you tried guidorist? I do like some of his profiles better than the ones from mbritt because they are (usually) just the amp and maybe a (nescessary) noise gate but no reverb etc. I will always use these on my own terms, first i need a good sounding amp profile.

I didn't buy a commercial yet but a few very good profiles are alread in the kpa from stock i think.

This will be almost four years old dude.

I don’t follow your reasoning. FX can be completely switched off and be locked in off status in order to not get in the way when evaluating 'raw' profiles.

This is how I do it all the time.

I don’t follow your reasoning. FX can be completely switched off

the thread was ongoing so i dont care about the age. And i think its annoying if you try out different amps and you have to switch off effects all the time. I has bever been a seeting off fx i used.

I bought some great ac30 profiles today, the ac30 pack from mbritt, and they sound awesome.

I play through a regular cab on stage so the difference can be huge from what i hear. Gotta try them out with foh.

once a purist, then analog pragmatic and finally a digital believer who found out that you can't hear a mosquito fart in a band-context.

• the thread was ongoing so i dont care about the age

Firstly, the OP was satisfied and abandoned the thread 4 years ago, so it wasn't "ongoing".

Secondly, when you posted to revive the thread you would've seen the following warning:

"The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead"

Thirdly, it never ceases to amaze me that I can receive a demerit point for the only bump I ever made... after 6 months (so I didn't receive the warning quoted in blue above), to my own thread, garnished with apology and the explanation that creating a duplicate thread would be inefficient, and because the question I posed hadn't been answered, and yet so many others seem to get away with murder, relatively-speaking, in flagrant defiance (e.g. "I don't care...") of the mods' directive that we not bump threads.

I have noted 75 bumps made in the last 6 months, ranging from 2-month to 5-year-old ones. I wonder how many warnings and demerit points were awarded... :/ The only explanation I can think of is that work on the latest FW update has tied the team up to the extent that it's had to dial back its forum-policing duties somewhat. Either that or someone's "simianist" :D

For anyone who didn't know, the mods strongly discourage bumping... the last 6 months "excepted"...

i think its annoying if you try out different amps and you have to switch off effects all the time

Think about it:

1) Some folks like to save Rigs with 'em, some without; commercial Profilers are no different in this regard.

2) There's no way to switch off effects other than to switch them off, right? Luckily Kemper provides the lock option, so disabling and locking them is effectively that magic FX-OFF button you so desire. Ingolf pointed this out but you didn't acknowledge him, so I'm repeating it in case you missed it.

General observation for beer and skittles:

There's so much wrong with this thread now IMHO, and on top of this, it's in the wrong subforum.:D8o

• No worries, Chris. I can explain why too:

As most of us do, they rely on the "unread posts" function. If a thread has fallen way off the radar 'cause it hasn't been responded to in a while, it's almost 100% of the time because the issue has been resolved. Obviously revisiting already-solved customer queries makes no business sense, and Kemper is nothing if not efficient.