Remote and Browse Mode?

• Hey guys,

question about using the new Remote in browse mode:
    I don´t use the performance mode, it is not useful for my live situation...

so I now use the Kemper in browser mode with a Ground Control Pro and two expression pedals.
    So I programmed the GCP in 4-channel-mode, the rest of the switches to turn on and off the stomps and effects.
    Of course I have the midi control numbers, which I use to get to the right rig I want to switch to.

So... if I buy the Kemper Remote: browsing through the rigs is not the same as switching it on and off like I do it now with midi numbers.
    Can I have "rig 1" on button 1, "rig 2" on button 2 and so on???

Didn´t find the right answer yet... ?(?(?(

Does anyone know this?

Greetings, Mario

P.S.: I hope, my bavarian english is right and you understand my worries... 8|

• I am not sure about this, but I guess you'd loose the 1-5 buttons (not for the looper of course), while keeping the use for Up/Down and I-IV. Depending on how the MIDI functions will be implemented, I-IV might recall rigs.
    If you set your rigs in a sequence, U/D buttons might work well.

OTOH, the KR might be a good reason to start using some performances :)
    Keep in mind that "Up" from Slot 5 Perf. X takes you to Slot 1 Perf X+1, so it's not locked in Chinese boxes, so to speak.

• I'm pretty sure there should be a way to map midi numbers to the slots on the Remote. Browser mode will definitely be integrated into the Remote, so it's likely that you will be able to stipulate what profile you jump to when hitting one of the five lower buttons, while the four buttons above will enable you to turn on and off effects in the regular fashion.

• I hope so... but no one knows 100% - right?

Greetings, Mario

P.S.: I tried some performances, but I didn´t like it - so the best way to use the Profiler for me is in browser mode...
    just a few rigs for clean, crunch, lead, heavy, acoustic sounds, special sounds (special efx for some cover songs), that´s it!

• I hope so... but no one knows 100% - right?

Greetings, Mario

P.S.: I tried some performances, but I didn´t like it - so the best way to use the Profiler for me is in browser mode...
    just a few rigs for clean, crunch, lead, heavy, acoustic sounds, special sounds (special efx for some cover songs), that´s it!

Just out of interest: what was it you didn't like?
    You know you can browse through performances? ;)

• What was you did not like about using performances if you feel like sharing?

:)

Of course:
    I use the Kemper exactly the same way I used all other amps: I used many amps, the best and "longest-staying" IMo was the Elmwood M60 Modena amp, a 2x2 channel amp with the fucking coolest sounds (flexible, warm, with power and growl even on lower volume settings)...
    4 channels (of course "rigs") with different effects - controlled by the GCP
    But I don´t need to build any performances (by songs or by any proceed)...
    I play in a few bands, a wedding combo with lots of Top40 songs, oldies, rock, pop with acoustic and electric guitars,
    an acoustic band without any drummer focussed on good singing and cool music,
    an acoustic duo with some funny lyrical songs,
    stuff with just a female singer in bars, etc...
    and I am a "sub", I don´t know, if that´s the regular name: so if a guitarrist is ill, the band calls me to help them out... (sorry for my bad english - I hope you understand everything)

So I like the idea of having my rigs (the amps channels) clean, crunch, lead, heavy (of course with the Kemper these are different amps!) to switch between them on different banks.
    So i use two different banks with 4 "channels" each an different effects
    plus a bank for acoustic guitar sounds
    and a bank for special sounds (like U2stuff or special delay settings for Pink Floyd or something like that)

with the browser mode it´s exactly the same as i am used to with amps,
    i can use it with every kind of band i am playing the concert,
    i see the amps name on the kemper and the GCP, I can switch on and off all stomps and effects...

I tried to get there with performance mode one day, but I didn´t like it...

Best regards guys!

• I think as soon as there is a way to manage performances with the Rig Manager, I will start making use of this mode.
    But so far I have to agree with getzzn, I tried it but for ME (my way of using the Profiler) the performance mode is still to complicated to manage.

Maybe, when I have some time, I will do a mockup of what I could imagine in a future Rig Manager version to make the performance mode more accessible and fun to work with.

• I think as soon as there is a way to manage performances with the Rig Manager, I will start making use of this mode.
    But so far I have to agree with getzzn, I tried it but for ME (my way of using the Profiler) the performance mode is still to complicated to manage.

Maybe, when I have some time, I will do a mockup of what I could imagine in a future Rig Manager version to make the performance mode more accessible and fun to work with.

Imo, the trouble with performance mode is getting things arranged in there. So much browsing to select a rig, then saving, then saving tweaks, then etc.

But once you get your head around it, it is dead simple, even with a generic foot controller like mine. I have doubts whether the process will become simpler with the Remote though, because creation of performances will still entail doing the spade work on the Kemper.

In that regard, +1 to the idea of performance management/creation in the rig librarian. It would be extremely handy and so much more intuitive. Like Raoul, I also find the process of keeping stuff with the right names extremely problematic and there should be an easier way to edit information for performances as well.

• Imo, the trouble with performance mode is getting things arranged in there. So much browsing to select a rig, then saving, then saving tweaks, then etc.

But once you get your head around it, it is dead simple, even with a generic foot controller like mine. I have doubts whether the process will become simpler with the Remote though, because creation of performances will still entail doing the spade work on the Kemper.

In that regard, +1 to the idea of performance management/creation in the rig librarian. It would be extremely handy and so much more intuitive. Like Raoul, I also find the process of keeping stuff with the right names extremely problematic and there should be an easier way to edit information for performances as well.

This is so true you tweak then without thinking go to your next slot to compare volume etc, then you go back but you forgot to save the change and have to do it again. Once you remember to save before moving to any other slot its not to bad, but i still do it every now and then when in a rush at a gig

• The work flow that disturbs me most with performances is that if you are in Browser mode and find a rig you want to use, when you swithc to Perfomance mode the pointer to that rig is lost: by turning the Browse knob you find yourself at the last browsed rig in Performance mode, not at the one you wanted to use. This has to be part of the "independence" between the two modes, and I find it really annoying.

If someone agrees with me on this, I'm willing to open a FR about this :)

OT: By accident, I discovered that when you're in the performance slots, the Type know changes the performance number (same as Rig Up/Down). :)