Wireless

• The first problem I see is that the Remote receives it's power over the Cat5 cable.

Wireless data is one thing, wireless power.....well, that would likely make you sterile. ;(

fom Dlaut:
    The first problem I see is that the Remote receives it's power over the Cat5 cable.

Wireless data is one thing, wireless power.....well, that would likely make you sterile.

what about an rechargeable battery?

• I can see the many downsides to having a wireless connection, but sometimes 7 meters isn't enough (many festival stages are way deeper) and in those situations it would be really nice with a wireless solution..also so stage hands doesn't crush your cable rolling back and forth cabinets on top of it.

• The Main Manual includes a paragraph dedicated to "Cabling" in the chapter "PROFILER Remote" with pictures and recommendations for PoE equipment we have tested. There is no 7 m limitation, if you use a PoE injector or PoE hub. Distances of 100 m and even more can be bridged. It's safe and cheap. You could even connect multiple Remotes to the same PROFILER and place these Remotes at different locations on and/or behind the stage.

I can imagine there would be problems like for example controlling Wah Pedal via WLAN and overall stability.

• just wait...

...when Kemper will release its brand new all in one wireless floorboard unit with optional instrument cable plug, 15 switches, a huge colour display, 1 gazillion new FX and stomp box models, capability of mixing 2-3 profiles in one or more single/parallel signal paths, an intuitive dream user interface .... this won't be a problem any more. All that will come in a ready for the road, light weight case...

...so just be patient a little longer.

:(

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Hi everybody,

I just received my repaired unpowered toaster after a damage of the network jack on the back of the KPA. Something happened on the road and I want to make sure, that this won't happen again.

I learnt from the KEMPER guys, that the professional solution would be adding a small metal plate on the back (they sent me a CAD drawing already) and integrating a PoE Injector to then use cables with the more stable LAN plug on both ends.

Now I'm not sure how to do this regarding easy power supply, clean setup and so on.

My question: does anyone have such a solution on his toaster (not rack version) and can send my pictures and tipps?

Would be great.

Thanks in advance.

• I'm interested in this, too, as my toaster has suffered the same fate and I have resorted to gluing my cable into the back with a hot glue gun until I can be without the Kemper long enough to return it for repair. Mine is in constant live use, week in, week out, so I need a much more robust solution when it is finally fixed.