Noise Gate input source

• First of all I love the gates on this thing and am in no way complaining about them. I am assuming they are using the signal based on their placement in the chain to determine whether the signal meets the threshold to be expanded or not. I just had a thought that some gates use the input direct from the guitar to determine threshold, but can be placed anywhere in the chain. This allows it to be placed at the very end of the chain to kill all the noise generated by the amp, or anything else that will increase the noise floor. It'd be nice to have this option in the KPA's gates - to choose between the input from its signal chain placement or to use the front input. I believe this would work similar to the ducking parameter on some effects, if I'm not mistaken.

• messing around with this a bit more, i thought this was a bit strange. If I put a gate in stomp D, set threshold to 0 (assuming it should do nothing...) and crank the amp gain up to maximum (on a very high gain profile), I get pretty much no noise. this makes little sense to me. i guess threshold 0 is still higher than the hum from my guitar? and it gets expanded to basically nothing? and the KPA profiling engine emulating the amp has no intermittent noise on its own, unlike a real amplifier?

in any case, I thought it was pretty cool. it's like one of those ways the KPA actually outshines the real gear it substitutes for.