NETWORK - are there more things to come?

• I was wondering since the first day i got my profiler.

There is a port called Network on the back as we all know.
    But the thing that makes me think about it, is the chosen label on that port. As far as i know, the most competitors that use a RJ45 for their footswitches describe these ports as "controller" or "switch".

After the remote release it was stated that there is the possibility to use normal (powered) Network switches to connect more than just one remote.

The thing that i am thinking about, is that there may be some more gadgets that can be used in the "Profiler-Network"... maybe in the future there will be some kind of "Addon-Effects-Processor" or something like a fully integrated management tool software via ethernet for synchronous controlling of multiple profilers which could be really helpful for the bigger stages.

The Kemper guys said that the port was exclusively for the remote, but a port called "network" instead of "remote" or "switch" or whatever lets me dream of various possibilities for the future.

But maybe it´s just a unlucky choice for the label and i´m thinking too much :wacko: ...

What do you think?

• Yes, one thing we've learned is that we will indeed see enhancements, some of them amazing. We've also learned that we don't have a clue what CK is thinking ... ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Maybe some day there'll be an editor, maybe there will be not only network control of the Kemper but also network editing.

This is the scenario I foresee myself :)

Yes, one thing we've learned is that we will indeed see enhancements, some of them amazing. We've also learned that we don't have a clue what CK is thinking ... ;)