IIC+ 2.7 pack online now

• https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3648177/Djemass Mark IIC%2B.mp3

Thanx Djemass! This is just some metal stuff to show the tone. There is just some reverb from the Kemper, no eq/compression/whatsoever afterwards.
    I like the round tone it got.
    This is recorded with a LTD EC1000 with a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pickup. No overdrive/tubescreamer used, also not from the Kemper.
    I replaced the cabinet by a H&K V30 from Sinmix.

Cheers.

Tom

• @KillDivision,
    "I replaced the cabinet by a H&K V30 from Sinmix."

A noncommercial cab profile? Or did u get his permission? Im all for sharing tweaks but you cant give out partial commercial profiles for free w/o permission. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

Hi meambobbo!
    i think he just shared an mp3 no? Not the actual tweaked profile
    oh unless the post was edited after your comment.

• @KillDivision,
    "I replaced the cabinet by a H&K V30 from Sinmix."

A noncommercial cab profile? Or did u get his permission? Im all for sharing tweaks but you cant give out partial commercial profiles for free w/o permission. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

meambobbo. IMO, Unless there is a specific non disclosure agreement, you can do what you like with any profile. You pay the profiler for using the information. If you wish, you might want to explain how you customised a rig by changing the cab. Otherwise it's almost as absurd as not being able to use a commercial rig profile in a public broadcast and changing the cabs. Anyways, were it not for your publicity on what you did, how would you be able to tell the difference between you making the profile and the original?

• Just wanted to say that I went through your rigs last night and I am in love! After some subtle tweaking due to the cab/pickups im using, i lost myself noodling through some old DT riffs and just couldn't stop smiling!
    Thanks again for these!

• Hi, whats the problem to send a tweaked commercial rig to guys of the community? It's payed! I think its a good recommendation for the supplier when we share rigs like these and maybe one of us i so happy with it, that he buys a rig pack from the supplier. A tweaked rig shared in this way is only to check it out, or am i absolutely wrong?

Otherwise, i dont have a real problem with it because i use the phantastic rigs from djemas and thumas, thanks again guys (-:

• Not all sellers may have the same license agreement, but every one ive seen has said that you may not redistribute the profile(s), including tweaked versions. Not sure of the legality of copyright over profiles - would need to actually be tested in court to know either way. Regardless, the reason commercial profilers do what they do is to make money and distributing their wares for free kills that incentive and ultimately undermines the marketplace most of us love. If sellers want people to experience a taste of their offerings, THEY give out free sample rigs. Most sellers already do this.

That said, there are plenty of excellent profile makers giving their stuff out for free without restrictive licenses, like DJEmass, Thumas, Tim Owens, Jevo, GRStudios, and DeadLightStudios, among others. Plenty of room to go nuts!

FWIW, i am a huge opponent of all forms of IP, but given thats the state of the world I feel it should be respected.