TAF website?

• In anticipation of my new Kemper coming tomorrow I have attempted to check out theampfactory website on several occasions in the past couple weeks. It seems that everytime I attempt to go there the website is down or unavailable. Pinging the website shows and IP address with no reply. I have tried several different internet connections thinking maybe my Sonicwall or other circumstance including ISP blockage was occurring but even my Sprint phone connection wouldn't get to the site. Anyone else having this issue?

PS> IT work for a living, FYI

TIA,
    Nick

• Just tried again, not available. Using Chrome and IE. See if you can ping the website. I show an IP address of 195.95.205.224 for theampfactory.com but no replies in the ping. Very strange indeed. Thanks for your input though.

• Trace your route and check where the timeout is.

I just checked it.
    I can get there from the USA.

News flash......
    Buckeye Cable out of Toledo, Ohio can't reach the website either. So it is a problem with my ISP. They are looking into it as I type. Thanks very much for your input on this folks. Pointed me in the right direction. My phone could get to the website if I would have turned off the wifi (Dooah, old age setting in)!!

• I notice that my phone upload speed is 20mbps and download 5mpbs and my Time Warner Cable is 16mpbs up and 1mpbs down, but sometime that drops to 2-5mbps up.

TWC is unlimited so they throttle your speed. Verizon is limited so they want you to drink from a firehose and charge you for it.

Optical can't come fast enough for me (mostly for iCloud backups) but I know by then we'll be charged by the GB. Who is "the man" in all this? I should read up more. It seems like we're being screwed with costs as this should all be a LOT cheaper and faster by now. Just look at Europe.

• You are so correct, in that, if our President has his way and makes "it fair" for everyone with speed packages then the Internet Providers will just charge like electric and gas........... For your consumption. And we will be screwed again..

• News flash......
    Buckeye Cable out of Toledo, Ohio can't reach the website either. So it is a problem with my ISP. They are looking into it as I type. Thanks very much for your input on this folks. Pointed me in the right direction. My phone could get to the website if I would have turned off the wifi (Dooah, old age setting in)!!

Zapman - I'm in Columbus :)

We are playing the Maumee Summer Fair on August 8th. If you don't have a gig, come say hello :)

Zapman - I'm in Columbus We are playing the Maumee Summer Fair on August 8th. If you don't have a gig, come say hello

Will do. I'm right next to Cedar Point. That will be a nice Harley ride for the wife and I. Looking forward to that warm weather again. Thanks Paul.

• I notice that my phone upload speed is 20mbps and download 5mpbs and my Time Warner Cable is 16mpbs up and 1mpbs down, but sometime that drops to 2-5mbps up.

TWC is unlimited so they throttle your speed. Verizon is limited so they want you to drink from a firehose and charge you for it.

Optical can't come fast enough for me (mostly for iCloud backups) but I know by then we'll be charged by the GB. Who is "the man" in all this? I should read up more. It seems like we're being screwed with costs as this should all be a LOT cheaper and faster by now. Just look at Europe.

Two remarks:

I would be very surprised, if your upload were significantly higher than your download - 20/5 16/1 - probably just a typo.

regional differences in Europe are HUGE.
    I moved into my house a year ago - distance is about 1.5 km (from a border of a small town close to the main post office in a small town) I used to have 2mb down, 192kbit up - now it's 50 down and 10 up. Three blocks from where I live it goes down to 16 down/ 1up max. The whole eastern part of Germany - Berlin and a few other cities excluded - still suffers from terrible bandwidth. Sometimes you don't even have 3G for your smartphone.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I would be very surprised, if your upload were significantly higher than your download - 20/5 16/1 - probably just a typo.

Differences like this are pretty common in the US.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My bad, yes, the higher numbers are downloads. Not awake when I wrote it.

So TWC is 16.2 TO my computer, 1 going away (up). iPhone on Verizon is 20+ to my phone, 5 up and out from it.

Where was my editor?!? He's FIRED!!

• My bad, yes, the higher numbers are downloads. Not awake when I wrote it.

So TWC is 16.2 TO my computer, 1 going away (up). iPhone on Verizon is 20+ to my phone, 5 up and out from it.

Where was my editor?!? He's FIRED!!

I didn't look closely at it either ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer