The Official "Ambrosi Amps' Retrofit Power Amps for the Profiler" thread

• I completely agree with you and fully understand having made a number of videos myself.
    I guess the thing is, seeing someone actually handle the unit and use it, is as close as you can get to the feeling of picking the item up yourself and getting the 'feel' of it.
    I think it's something that the internet culture has promulgated as there are no end of 'unboxing' videos on youtube and we all know how to open a box ;)

Anything you manage would be fantastic, and hopefully help to promote sales for what looks to be a fantastic bit of kit. I think the new DI profiles will make the Ambrosi and others like it a must have piece of equipment.

Shane

• I'm going to my buds studio sometime this week, we're going to mic up a 1x12 that has an old Vintage Greenback 25w Celestion in it and also a Marshall 2x12 JVM/85th Anniversary Cab, the one Marshall made for Jim on his 85th birthday, my favourite Marshall cab.

Here's a Kemper demo we did in his studio.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey, Guitartone. Coincidentally, the Ibanez 1x12 under the black toaster is the cabinet I chose to run the KPA + Camplifier Studio. You didn't happen to give that a listen, did you? I'm wondering how it compares with the Vox. It came stock with a Celestion Seventy/80, which is a little harsh at volume IMO, but it's possible this will improve after a break-in period. I might lose patience and replace it first. Trying to decide between a greenback (the popular favorite around here), the 70th Anniversary (similar, but loud at 100db, which is a plus with a 25W amp), or go for something different, like the Century Vintage Neo. Also hearing good things about the Tone Tubby 40/40.

Then again, I wonder how much of a difference speaker selection will make vs. just tweaking the KPA's speaker and compression parameters a bit... Maybe it's finally time to stop obsessing over the hardware.

• Well, cabs make a lot of difference.
    This is a good demo of different cabs (or better transducers) being tested through the same amp :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The guy talks a lot, comparison starts around 3:30 LOL

Yo actually do not need to understand him, there's a "stick" reading the cones' type for each test.

HTH

Well, cabs make a lot of difference.

Of course - I should have been more clear. I meant I wasn't sure how much difference a Celestion Greenback vs. say, a Celestion 70th Anniversary would make in exactly the same cabinet.

Interesting video, though - thanks!

More fun:

External Content www.youtube.com

• I will finally get my Ambrosi amp tomorow! Canadian customs keep it for about one week before releasing for delivery... Probably the CECPA (CE canadian police agency ;) ) suspected the package to not being conform?! LOL!!! Just jocking! :D

As I said I will primary use the amp with a passive FRFR AccuGroove Latte cabinet that I just received last week. This cab is suppose to be as flat as a CLR. It will be an interesting try! 8o I don't have a CLR on hand
    thought but will try to compare it with a studio monitor and my DXR10.

The cab has a one 12'' woofer plus one 6'' mid speaker and two soft tweeter all in a separate specially tuned space. AccuGroove are very well known for their high quality Bass cab. weigh= 31 lbs.

I hope that the Ambrosi + AccuGroove mix will be a killer one! :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by Pick909 ().

• :thumbup:

I'm recording mic'd Cab clips in the studio on Thursday morning.

:thumbup:

I'm recording something too. Who'll be the first one to post? :D

• Look what I bought today for 149 Euros. :)

The Cab on the bottom, it's the 2x12 I've been searching for with one Celestion G12 Vintage and one Celestion G12 Heritage ...it usually comes with the TSL122 100w combo and JVM...also the speaker combination used in the 1923 85th Jim Marshall Anniversary amp.

http://www.marshallamps.com/products/cabinets/jvmc212/

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/a…rshallCab_zps03cb66af.jpg]

• ... looks MASSIVE... :thumbup:

How come you made such a bargain? :)

It's tiny. :)
    I don't know what happened, the guy was selling the TSL122 and extension Cab, then he said he'll take R2000 (149 Euros) for the Cab, I thought he was kidding, it usually costs about R8000...he wasn't kidding so I grabbed it. :)

• (cut) I'm in UK, and I'm so very tempted, I don't need it, can't afford it, but....... (cut)

This pretty sums up my current position.. :)

I'm in the U.S and would also be interested in hearing from anyone over here that has ordered/received one.

(cut)Try explaining to your average guitarist who hasn't spent the last 10 years of his life on TGP what FRFR is, after 30 seconds he walks away bored to death. (cut)

:D

• I'm in the U.S and would also be interested in hearing from anyone over here that has ordered/received one.

Well, what is it that you want to be added to my post above? ;)

• I'm in the U.S and would also be interested in hearing from anyone over here that has ordered/received one.

Not my clearest post. Sorry about that (phone posting during a work meeting doesn't work out so well apparently!)

I was hoping to hear from someone in the U.S regarding shipping cost, time, any hassles encountered etc. Great reviews of the Ambrosi amp from the guys above for sure, but my badly phrased question can't really be answered by a pair of South Africans and a German :)
    I think I'll pick one of these amps up in the near future, just wanted to see if there was anything to look out for shipping to the USA.

Thanks!

• I just received mine today! Installation was a breeze! It looks absolutely killer on a black Kemper! :thumbup:

Will try it loud friday at rehearsal, but I can already say, trying it at home, that this thing seems to be very loud! 8o

My AccuGroove cab sound incredible with the Ambrosi, this cab is really flat and there is no harshness and no boominess at all, all is just well define and the high are silky. Well, I'm very impress until now! Top quality stuff!