The Official "Ambrosi Amps' Retrofit Power Amps for the Profiler" thread

• Great reviews of the Ambrosi amp from the guys above for sure, but my badly phrased question can't really be answered by a pair of South Africans and a German :)
    I think I'll pick one of these amps up in the near future, just wanted to see if there was anything to look out for shipping to the USA.

Thanks!

I qualify, one side of my family live in Long Beach Cali and Coral Springs and Bradenton Florida. :)

Seriously, Ambrosi shipped to me using EMS (couriers) Italy post, took 7 days and it was here.
    I ship many guitars to the USA also using EMS Couriers, takes 5 days and it's delivered.

So shipping to the USA using EMS is a breeze, no problems.

• Not my clearest post. Sorry about that (phone posting during a work meeting doesn't work out so well apparently!)

I was hoping to hear from someone in the U.S regarding shipping cost, time, any hassles encountered etc. Great reviews of the Ambrosi amp from the guys above for sure, but my badly phrased question can't really be answered by a pair of South Africans and a German :)
    I think I'll pick one of these amps up in the near future, just wanted to see if there was anything to look out for shipping to the USA.

As Lance wrote, it usually takes 5-7 day through EMS. Shipping is around 45 € insured :)

I just received mine today! Installation was a breeze! It looks absolutely killer on a black Kemper! :thumbup:
    Will try it loud friday at rehearsal, but I can already say, trying it at home, that this thing seems to be very loud! 8o
    My AccuGroove cab sound incredible with the Ambrosi, this cab is really flat and there is no harshness and no boominess at all, all is just well define and the high are silky. Well, I'm very impress until now! Top quality stuff!

Well Pierre, I was looking forward to hearing this, after the customs kidnapping! LOL
    It seems we finally went for it, doesn't it?
    Glad you're happy with your new Ambrosi :thumbup:

The ATM is a very linear unit, and quite transparent. There can be no boominess or harshness generated by the amp, unless you clip the input or the cab, or the profile you use is boomy or harsh in itself (or your guitar as well, FWIW)
    What's the impedance of the cab you're using with the power amp?

...and now I should write: "Pics&Clips, or it never happened!" :D

• The cab is 8 omhs FRFR, 400 watts RMS, 100 db SPL. 1 X 12'' plus 1 X 6'' plus 2 X soft clothe (non-compression) tweeters.

Pics will coming soon! Clips? Well I don't have a good setup for clips, just my phone... I will try and see if it worths something in term of audio quality. I will compare the Ambrosi+AccuGroove mix to my DXR10. But I already suspect that, tone quality and flatness speaking, the Ambrosi/AccuGroove mix will beat the DXR10 (which is most probably more powerfull tought). It sounds that good!

A wet/dry setup with both could sound absolutely killer! :thumbup:

• :)

• The AccuGroove Latte, like the CLR, pretends to be a high quality studio monitor on steroid. But it's a passive FRFR cab so to compete with the excellent CLR it has to be amplified by something very linear and transparent and the Ambrosi seems to fit the bill.

BUT I have to try it very loud before making such conclusions so pardon my enthousiam, it's just because I have so great fun!!! :D

• OK, I've decided to give one of these a try but I've got 3 quick questions:

- I dont see prices on the first post anymore? I swear they used to be there, or am I losing my mind.. :huh:
    - I'm guessing I just email ambrosiamps to place an order?
    - Also, does the transformer have accessable taps so I could mod mine to be switchable from 115V to 240V supply? Cant really be sure from the gut shot on the 1st post. I may be moving countries in the next year and that would be a handy mod I could make to keep the setup uber simple and clean.

Thanks!

• Yep, I've removed prices from the post. Costs may vary depending for example on the parts suppliers, or on the size of the components batches.

And you're correct, ambrosiamps at gmail dot com is a good option :)

As for the nominal voltage, the ATM is completely analogic, and uses a traditional transformer. The ATM-70's voltage can be converted by rewiring it and using the appropriate fuses, but not through a switch.
    We are considering a version based on a switching power supply for those who have the need to travel, but there's no defined deadline ATM.

• Ahh.. The internal fuses.. forgot about needing to change those. I guess I'll just rewire it as a permanent mains voltage change when I move. Thanks for the info viabcroce. Order request email has been sent.

I have a few other little mods in mind for it, but they are all quite simple and will be done more because I am a compulsive tinkerer than anything else.

Thanks again.

• LOL

You should definitely share them with us... we could end up with a
    GB Signature ATM-70Special

:thumbup:

Not a power amp, but:

[Blocked Image: http://thefreemusiclabel.com/storage/Pictures/Brad%20Green/GB%20Playmaster.jpg]

Great cleans from this old girl. Was in a bad state when I got it, but got it all running and rehoused it in a head cab.

Anyways,

Looking forward to getting my hands (and soldering iron) on the Ambrosi Amp.