The Official "Ambrosi Amps' Retrofit Power Amps for the Profiler" thread

• I found out through the paperwork that was sent with the Ambrosi amp, I never even tried to hook it up after reading the letter. I'm so happy that the paper was included with the Ambrosi. I just got back home and was able to get a nice 12 gauge speaker cable from Guitar Center, and will hook it up in the couple of hours and let you guys know about my first impression.

• Cool! I like cabs and power amp as much as frfr. I just have different rigs for each one and eq the monitor slightly if necessary when using a guitar cab and disabling cabs on monitor out.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• It's not overly difficult.I didn't read the manual much unless I needed a specific answer.

but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Contact Gianfranco at ambrosiamps [at] gmail.com and you'll get all the information straight from the horse's mouth, as they say. :D

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Now if they could create one for the Kemper Rack version. :)

• I admit a lot of what's talked about on this forum goes straight over my head.
    I'm just not technically minded. I have a varied range of music i play, anything from chicken picken' country, loud classic rock, to whatever suits my mood atm. I like a good range of amps which is why i chose the kemper in the first place. My main problem is, i love the tones i get through my head phones (which are nothing special) but i'm always let down going through my Ac-30 cab, for various reasons, that said, i'm thinking of upgrading. My thoughts are maybe an Atomic CLR Active ($1700 AUD) wedge, Ambrosi + Atomic CLR wedge (passive) or the Ambrosi + matrix NL 212. Can anyone point out any flaws in my options ?

• Happy Birthday, Gianfranco!

And explain to these folks that the Abrosi Amp is a simple custom fitting solid state amplification of your Kemper profile's sound. No coloring. Just straight up powerful amplification. Enough said, right?

• [quote='rundoverdog','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18217-The-Official-Ambrosi-Amps-Retrofit-Power-Amps-for-the-Profiler-thread/?postID=212995&#post212995']Can someone give me a rough idea of what the ambrosi costs ?
    quote]............rundover, PM me , I am in the US , I can tell you what it cost me, roger

• I admit a lot of what's talked about on this forum goes straight over my head.
    I'm just not technically minded. I have a varied range of music i play, anything from chicken picken' country, loud classic rock, to whatever suits my mood atm. I like a good range of amps which is why i chose the kemper in the first place. My main problem is, i love the tones i get through my head phones (which are nothing special) but i'm always let down going through my Ac-30 cab, for various reasons, that said, i'm thinking of upgrading. My thoughts are maybe an Atomic CLR Active ($1700 AUD) wedge, Ambrosi + Atomic CLR wedge (passive) or the Ambrosi + matrix NL 212. Can anyone point out any flaws in my options ?

rundoverdog,

If you like what you hear in your headphone keep in mind that headphones are FRFR so I assume that you would prefer the CLR (FRFR cab) over the Matrix NL212 (guitar cab). And it makes sense considering the diversity you are looking for because the guitar cab would let you stuck with this only one guitar cab flavour.

Now between the Ambrosi + passive CLR and the active CLR the choice is difficult. On one side you get a retrofit amp that you can use with the passive CLR and ANY cab you want, and on the other side you get the active CLR with its own amplification which has been perfectly tuned to sound right with this speaker cab.

I personnaly choose the Ambrosi + Accugroove Latte passive FRFR cabinet route and I can say that the Ambrosi deliver all the goods from this cab, so I suppose that you should get a very satisfying result with a passive CLR as well.

And Happy Birthday Gianfranco! :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Pick909 ().