News!!! 3.0 firmware, January 22nd, 2015

• Please forgive me if this is a silly question (we're having a load of work done on the house at present which means I've been out of the guitar world for weeks and consequently I haven't read too much on this stuff)

As 3.0 is separating cabinet and amp, does this mean it would be possible to profile distortion / overdrive / boost stomp boxes? I guess it does..... I built quite a few prior to getting the Kemper and it would be cool to experiment.

What would be cooler still would be, at 3.1, if we could put any of the preamp / stomp box profiles into an FX slot.

Even if this is not on the product roadmap, I am still very excited about this update. I built my own dummy load a few years back as, prior to the Kemper, I would record my amps direct and then use Redwirez impulses for the cabinet. I know that mic+cabinet does a better job but only if you are good at mic+cabinet positioning and frankly I suck at it. For this reason, my profile attempts of the amps I've got at home have been very disappointing. I'm living in hope that I can finally get my amps back.

• And yes the Profile pack are all DI+Merged Cabs..

My understating of the new Profile Pack rigs it that as they are DI + Merged Cabs -and unless I am way off the mark- all you simply do is change/swap the Cab to whatever you want -or more simply for those of us only wanting pure DI profiles- remove/delete the merged Cab and ....presto..... fully standalone DI Profile ...... take the moniutor out to your linear amp if choice, plug it in to your own regular real guitar cab and ..... bingo ..... and no FRFR cabs needed ........ true, real, actual %100 amp and cab separation.

Ben

• You don't need to do anything. running monitor out wont even use the cab portion of the profile. it will be pure DI+ (your own cab) leaving the FOH sound to the studio profile (profiled merged cab).

You can change cabs yes if you want too by all means. it is a studio DI afterall, (preamp/poweramp) that's separate from the profiling process as is capturing the cab.

Bearing in mind here though, DI profiles done this way are only going to sound authentic if your cab driver is close to what the orinal amp is.

• You don't need to do anything. running monitor out wont even use the cab portion of the profile. it will be pure DI+ (your own cab) leaving the FOH sound to the studio profile (profiled merged cab).

You can change cabs yes if you want too by all means. it is a studio DI afterall, (preamp/poweramp) that's separate from the profiling process as is capturing the cab.

Bearing in mind here though, DI profiles done this way are only going to sound authentic if your cab driver is close to what the orinal amp is.

@and44 Even if the Cab Em is on in the settings?, or will that be how monitor out works now. I use monitor out to feed FOH at the moment and still want the Cab emulation on.

• @and44 Even if the Cab Em is on in the settings?, or will that be how monitor out works now. I use monitor out to feed FOH at the moment and still want the Cab emulation on.

Why would you feed FOH with Monitor out for? thast what the Main outs are for.. and you have 2 sets of those.

If you want the DI profile from the main outs, disable the cab button, from Monitor out disable the CAB option.

Main L/R Xlr to FOH, Line back to In Ears (or stage monitors)
    Main L/R TS to Personal Moniters (misc)
    Moniter out, CAB or Poweramp+Cab

Thats how I'd use it..

• The release date for the 3.0 firmware in the announcement is wrong. The info about availability will be updated in a timely manner. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your patience and understanding! :)

Is this is hopefully humourous joke -or- true ?

Its not like the website front page wouldn't have been written and proofed well in advance ?

Ben

• As of now / this post - its 3.45am January 22 in NAMM Land [ LA ] and 12.45pm January 22 in Kemper-Ville [ Germany] and it still says:-

" Pricing and availability The Kemper Profiler Firmware 3.0 is available from January 22nd, 2015 – free of charge for all registered owners of a Kemper Profiler "

Ben

Edited once, last by benifin ().

• Oh well ..... bummer ..... mistakes happen ..... especially from me :) ..... its all good !!!

The good thing is that 2.8 Beta already does DI profiling - although to what extent its been further improved on in 3.0 as compared to 2.8 Beta from

( a ) a procedural [how to do it] perspective

and

( b ) a file format [ compatibility ] perspective

as well as

( c ) from a profile [audio quality] perspective

would be good to know ?

If the changes from 2.8 beta <-> 3.0 impact on (c), skip 2.8 Beta and wait for 3.0 for DI profiling.

If the changes from 2.8 beta <-> 3.0 impact only on (a) and/or (b) grab 2.8 Beta and start DI profiling :)

Anyone know ?

Ben

• I feed FOH with monitor out because I like to have space effect on my IEM's which is not possible from monitor out. So mainouts feed IEM's I didn't know if they had changed it so if you choose a mergerd profile monitor out would automatically turn the cab off. If this is not the case all is good :)