Profiling overdrive and distorion pedals...

• I built a few by myself and i`d love to have them in the kemper ...

• I built a few by myself and i`d love to have them in the kemper ...

You can do this already, of course, but you can't put that profile in a stomp slot (if that's what you asked for), because that would obviously double the load for the profiler.
    Profile your favourite box with your favourite setting with your favourite amp instead. ;)

• jup i meant the stomp slots :D well i think the kemper can take it ... many effects already have been added so i think a limited amount of custom stomp profiles are realistic...

• aaahhh i think i get now what you meant with load ... but ... why are the normal distortion and overdrive pedals (the ones that are already in the kemper) a problem for the load ?

• but there must be a way to translate the profiled signal to a smaller model with only a few changeable parameters and if theres a bigger difference i bet it would be possible somehow to export a profiled pedal and save it as a useable stompbox ...

• That this issue comes up time and again might be a hint, that some users aren't really happy with the distortion / fuzz / overdrive stomps that come with the KPA. For such an extraordinary machine as the KPA is, I wished that there was more flexibility here and those who would love to profile their own favourite stomps might agree (why else would you want that feature?). Maybe someone should start a poll to get some user feedback on how satisfied everyone is with the stomps in the KPA. So far I have only read the discussion about the Green Scream, which has been modified by the developers. But is there anyone who is really happy with KPA's take on the Big Muff, the Fuzz Face? I doubt that ...
    By the way: I have recently watched an interview with Christopher Kemper (as the developer of the Virus synth) in which he talks about an update to the virus synth (addition of 6 new guitar distortion effects, among them Tube Screamer, Fuzz Face, Big Muff) - I conclude that the models we get with the KPA are basically those that have been added to the Virus. Well - just speculation. Bottomline for me is that I can't really use the Big Muff and Fuzz Face in the way I would my own pedals. So I keep using my pedals for the time being and maybe some day there will be an update ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYtqoZBbNtI

• Perhaps we might get more models in future. But I don't find the pedals lacking, it's just another different flavour and I like it, perhaps simplification is the motive, but I often find with a good profile, I only need a stomp for a boost or such. Even when I do, the pedals aren't so bad I feel in so far as tone, though their ability to cop a characteristic tone, as they intend to, is debatable. I got rid of a few of my pedals, but kept some.

I've raised a similar request, but it's more along the lines of using an existing stomp in the Kemper arsenal to be used as an existing template for creating a "snapshot" of a certain pedals. This could be ballpark range, or even better if possible. Basically using the existing model and adapting parameters to achieve a certain stomp sound. It's as far fetched with the Kemper in its existing avatar though.

• Agreed - for those who take an overdriven amp and just need to colour the sound a little, the booster pedals (lead boos, treble boost, pure boost) and the eq possibilities are nice. But if you go for an almost clean amp (on the edge of breakup) and want to have a hollow Muff sound - or a "crazy" Fuzz - that's a different story.

• Agreed - for those who take an overdriven amp and just need to colour the sound a little, the booster pedals (lead boos, treble boost, pure boost) and the eq possibilities are nice. But if you go for an almost clean amp (on the edge of breakup) and want to have a hollow Muff sound - or a "crazy" Fuzz - that's a different story.

Why not profile stomp in signal chain if you already have a tone in mind? Might not be a bad experiment ;)
    Should be easy if you have a friend with a Profiler...

• While getting the distortions in the Kemper to sound like other pedals is not as "plug and play" easy as using an external pedal, getting sounds like those pedals, and even getting "crazy" distortion sounds, are not hard to get with the Kemper.

There are thousands of distortion and fuzz products on the market, but most of them are tweaked versions of classic effects. Those same kinds of tweaks can be done in the Kemper.

Listen to the Shapers and the Filters, and experiment with using them and/or EQs before/after a fuzz or distortion.

• The problem with stomps is that there are gazillions of modifications of only a few circuits on the market, as Paul already said.
    Still every modification claims for being unique, hence the many requests for including this or that.
    I for one am very content with what's in the profiler already.

• ingolf: exactly and that`s why a profiling function for overdrive pedals would be awesome ... but another thing, if you`re so happy with the kemper, why do you visit the feature request section ^^ ... i mean i love the kemper too but we`re here to make it even better right ?

paults: i already shaped sounds but having all stomp box slots full with stuff to create one sound makes one profile like a one trick pony ... the version 3.0 makes it possible to just profile the amp ... so i bet it`s possible to make stompbox profiles too ...

i think it`s not realistic to say the cpu can`t handle it because the normal stompboxes work also ... so if there`s a difference between the stomp "models" and the profiles i`d would be thinkable to implement wether a new "profile a stompbox" function, or the possiblility to turn a amp profile into to a model somehow ...

and to say there isn`t enough space on the memory is also not so realistic ... because the number of pedal and amp could be 1000 in total ... 20 pedals and 980 amps, know what i mean ...

• I actually asked CK about this @ NAMM. It would take too much processing power to add a profiled stomp in front of a profiled amp. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• ingolf: exactly and that`s why a profiling function for overdrive pedals would be awesome ... but another thing, if you`re so happy with the kemper, why do you visit the feature request section ^^ ... i mean i love the kemper too but we`re here to make it even better right ?

You mean, because I'm happy with the Kemper you find it odd that I visit the FR forum to discuss things?
    Wow!
    If you follow my posts you'll see that I made quite a few requests myself.

• :D no i didn`t mean the whole forum i just ment this topic because if you`re happy with the pedal that are already on borad why do you bother ... so sorry i didn`t want to offend you i just thought the "i`m okay with how it is already" satement wasn`t very productive ...

dlaut: really ? ... damn, but this just destroys the idea, that the pedal is a full profile ... let`s say we make a profile of a direct signal (like a pedal) and than we have the possibility to turn that into a stomp model ( internal or on the c with a small app or program) just that it saves processing power (like i mentioned earlier) know what i mean ? something that turns a profile into a model ...

• dlaut: really ? ... damn, but this just destroys the idea, that the pedal is a full profile ... let`s say we make a profile of a direct signal (like a pedal) and than we have the possibility to turn that into a stomp model ( internal or on the c with a small app or program) just that it saves processing power (like i mentioned earlier) know what i mean ? something that turns a profile into a model ...

Really. CK made/created/crafted the "models" of all of the pedals that currently reside in the KPA.

• You could, however, profile your own pedal in front of an amp you already have and solve the issue in that way. If you wait for 3.0, you could make a direct profile like that and mix it with other *properly separated cabs, and bingo, you would be much closer to your goal.