Kemper Remote Vids

• No I couldn't : as i said, the KPA is a great piece of engineering (well done mechanic, well designed hardware (especially the analog part, very clean, system software is great (a very good job over the user interface)... and last but not least : the DSP part ! AWESOME.

The remote : it is just a microcontroller that relayes switch information to the KPA... and displayes some from the KPA... nothi,g to compare with the genius inside the kpa

How do we no that is all the KPR does all we have seen in the videos is a early firmware.
    We know the KPA keeps going from strength to strength so I'm sure that's what will happen with the remote

• Here's a new video. Sounds like CK wants feedback on whether we'd be interested in a Kemper DI!

NAMM 2015: Kemper Profiling Amp With 3.0 Firmware:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

jayson

• That's a funny video

• I really don't get the negativity towards my opinion.

I am just trying to help those who may be on the fence, or offering the Remote sight unseen and cannot really afford it.

It is not going to drastically change the way most of us use the Kemper.

We have lived without a looper for this long, it really doesn't add anything for me as I wouldn't use it live, and that's the only reason I have a footcontroller anyway, for live use.

So just let everyone have their own opinions without arguing the validity of it.

I have been a Kemper owner for over 2 years and a CLR owner for 2 as well, and the Remote is just not in that "I must have it now, so will pay any amount category" for ME>

I went to the booth 3 times yesterday at NAMM, and played with the remote for well over 45 minutes, and while it is very nice it just isn't for me right now.

• I ordered one being on the early bird list.
    But I have to admit, the more I learn of its workings or lack there of, I am starting to question even more its real value for the price.
    I am going back and forth at the moment.

What I mean by lack there of is the looper- the only thing that keeps the whole thing being a bit more than a glorified on off switch set. (Even though the the looper is not even built in the Remote) The remote is also just a switch set for the looper.
    It would seem that you can not save what you have created to use again. You will have to redo it every time you shut down the Kemper.
    I imagine you cannot have more than one separate loop created at a time.

This is about as basic as a looper as you can get. Not being able to save is just a total oversight. So basically the looper is for the very talented ad lib players and for noodling.

If you create a good loop and want to recall it at a later time it seems you can just forget it here. It is gone forever.

Having a memory card slot or at least using the USB to save (and a fast way to recall) would make it much more of a viable selling point.

If I am wrong with any of this then great, please let me know, but at this time this seems to be the way it is. Because nobody is talking.
    Maybe they are considering adding a save function through USB or something. They have not said. So at this point I cant even consider this in my decision whether to continue with my purchase.

Hell, they started accepting money for this thing even before we knew totaly what it does and how it works. We got small pictures of small sections of the remote. We were left looking for scraps here and there in videos to find how this thing works while they were taking orders.
    We are just now seeing much more of the picture. Still not a total rundown. If this IS it, yes it is a bit underwhelming for $600.

Ok, you can claim a quality build. Maybe, maybe not. It has not been tested by the masses yet. You do not know. You cant just say because it is German made that it is guaranteed to be top shelf. Although I believe it may very well be..
    Even so, at what cost.

Either way, there is a line with quality, affordability, and what a product has to offer. To create a truly good product is when you can keep all three in line with each other.

Yes this thing will be useful for many especially for on the road players but does it really have to cost this much?

Some argue yes because of R&D and all the other things that go with it but there is still a thing called a price point that a market will accept. So will the product even be a viable one? The sales will show in the end.

Yes most of my argument revolves around the looper. I would certainly use it. This is what tilted the the scales ever so slightly for me to hit the buy button. Now it appears to be limited to me.

Without it, there is absolutely no way I would even consider giving up this much money for the remote. $350-$400 tops. So yes I am definately on the fence right now.
    In the end it essentionaly is just switches and a small screen in a small KPA matching box.

-ChristopheSeyler-

-vablows-

You guys are totally right in your thinking and don't let anybody tell you different.

I have quite a few Apple products but I have not stepped a foot in their forum in many years. They taught me quick.
    Talk about the most biased fanboys and girls on the planet ! Don't you dare say anything negative about their beloved products or you will be sent straight through hell and back.
    You would think they were the creator of the products or something.

I have not seen it too bad here but.........

I personally have no ill will for anybody on this forum. Generally you seem like a great bunch of guys but everybody has an opinion and they should be allowed to give it without always feeling as though they are walking on eggshells when they hit SUBMIT.
    As long as they are not trolling or just a downright nasty, negative person.

• I don't think that anybody has had a fanboy reaction in this thread. Everybody is of course entitled to their opinion, and whether the Remote is too expensive or not will only be decided by the person owning the wallet. I just take exception to people grabbing numbers out of thin air to arrive at a supposed cost price for Kemper to produce the Remote, obviously without any background or experience in bringing a product to market and what that costs and entails. It gives a false impression to others reading these kinds of threads.

For me, the Remote seems like it is aimed at the professional gigging musician. The price reflects that and also promises reliability, integration, support and road-worthiness. If Kemper fail to deliver on any of those fronts, I'll be the first to jump in at the deep end, but I have a feeling I won't have to.

Cheers,
    Sam

• I don't think that anybody has had a fanboy reaction in this thread. Everybody is of course entitled to their opinion, and whether the Remote is too expensive or not will only be decided by the person owning the wallet. I just take exception to people grabbing numbers out of think air to arrive at a supposed cost price for Kemper to produce the Remote, obviously without any background or experience in bringing a product to market and what that costs and entails. It gives a false impression to others reading these kinds of threads.

For me, the Remote seems like it is aimed at the professional gigging musician. The price reflects that and also promises reliability, integration, support and road-worthiness. If Kemper fail to deliver on any of those fronts, I'll be the first to jump in at the deep end, but I have a feeling I won't have to.

Cheers,
    Sam

Exactly this ^ Nice post Sam

• I didn't want to sound negative towards you and your opinion, sorry if you had tzhios impression.
    I just wanted to get the perspective straight.
    In the end it is what it is, price included.
    And the customer votes with his wallet. anyway
    If too many people are NOT buying because of the price then Kemper may be inclined to overthink their business model.
    This is how it works in free markets.

• If the price is wrong then the market will adjust.Maybe street pricing will come in at a lower figure than the full RRP.But I think its a tool of the trade for those serious players maybe playing live.Yes,the FCB works, its cost effective.But if I was playing in front of a paying crowd I would still want the best gear I can find and afford. And I thought the CLR was expensive! To each his own.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Price depends on so many perspectives. It's cheaper than the MFC101, so it's not the most expensive for it's specific market of integrated foot controller for an amp simulation, and more expensive than other third party universal foot controllers. To my knowledge no other foot controller can program multiple effects to be turned on/off at the same time for the Kemper and perhaps we will see more such specific integration in the future.

As to perspective, the Human Body costs about $160 dollars in chemicals, perhaps as much as $45 million if sold as parts (DNA, Lungs, etc) and priceless to your family (http://www.datagenetics.com/blog/april12011/) So just what is the human body worth?!?

This unit's parts might cost $200 bucks, maybe more. Who knows, there may be import taxes to certain parts, corporate taxes, commercial rent, etc, PLUS the work of engineering and R&D will certainly cost another few hundred for work done. The rest might be profit FOR NOW but that profit will get eaten up by future R&D (specifically computer programming) for integration of updates and probably new functionality from user feedback. Remember, the FCB1010's cost has as much to do with being universal and for how many people it's sold to which is huge whereas the KPR is for a select product and a subset of it's users, so the price will remain much higher as does the MFC101. They have to.

In the end, they will be the best foot controllers for THEIR product. The compromise for getting a lower cost product is what the musician determines they can afford and the frustration level they can live with (especially if future firmware updates break their programming. How many Uno4Kemper chips iterations have been made?)

• If this is marketed more for the professional gigging musician and that is why the price is where it is- you cant help but understand some peoples frustration and a feeling of being left out in the cold a bit.
    They bought this awesome product (The KPA) and then an enhancing device is offered, dangled in their face, if you will. But the price is a bit steep for what it is (opinion alert). Its offerings are something that you could feel are a, should have been from the start, but nothing ground breaking.

Not everybody bought the KPA with ease. It is expensive. I will be the first to admit it is totally worth it though. It is one of a kind. Once you hear it, it is too late, you have to have it. I imagine many had to make a deal with the devil to get it.

Now there is another product that is designed only for the KPA. It will definitely make the KPA more user friendly and it opens up the looper. So of course people will want it.
    Now people that cant afford it or the ones that totally disagree with the price (not because they cant afford it) will feel that they are not getting the full potential of the KPA and its ease of use.

I know if I canceled my order, I would kick myself everytime I lit up my KPA just knowing that I am missing something. Knowing that there is a bit more to it.

Thankfully I have some disposable income so I can get it if I want but I can definitely understand many people questioning the price because I do too.

As I said before, it is what it is but there is nothing wrong with people giving opinions. It may help manufacturers see what their market thinks. Good or bad.
    Not going just by sales (unless this is your sole reason for doing business).

Me personally, I like when I finish my projects and I see my customers are happy. As much as I like when they hand me my final check.

• In terms of today's money, my kids college for example, just the first year will be in the range of $23,000 for about 8 months, so that comes to $657 per week of schooling! (trust me I tried to make it cheaper. I encouraged her to take German language courses since Germany is offering free college to German speaking Americans, but she seems more intent on a local college and in visiting Switzerland. <--- I choke that up to a girl liking chocolate ;) )

$600 for a hobby accessory is about the the cost of one (cheap) American college week, or for an average middle career salary in the 40k range, so about a week's wage.

That's how I look at it:
    Is THIS item worth 40 hours of work to me?
    Now for a richer person they might say "is this item worth 10 hours of work?"
    or Bill Gates might go "Is this item.. heck I earn more money in the time it takes me to HIT THE BUY BUTTON!!! [click]"

• Well I think the remote is fairly priced. Considering the ease of use and simple design thought that went into this, there was a lot of time spent. Going from playing around and setup on my current midi controller to the ease of the Remote, it is well worth the money spent.

Think in terms on what we pay for entertainment. Heck, two concert/sporting tickets can easily be over couple hundred bucks. What about a dinner and movie? Yup a couple hundred bucks. How many people smoke? Look at the cost of a pack of smokes!

Its all perspective and I guess where you wish to spend your dollars. I guess someone could always, I don't know....try saving up for it? I know, sounds crazy, eh!

• Well I think the remote is fairly priced. Considering the ease of use and simple design thought that went into this, there was a lot of time spent. Going from playing around and setup on my current midi controller to the ease of the Remote, it is well worth the money spent.

Think in terms on what we pay for entertainment. Heck, two concert/sporting tickets can easily be over couple hundred bucks. What about a dinner and movie? Yup a couple hundred bucks. How many people smoke? Look at the cost of a pack of smokes!

Its all perspective and I guess where you wish to spend your dollars. I guess someone could always, I don't know....try saving up for it? I know, sounds crazy, eh!

I ordered the Remote, but IMHO you can't compare prices of tickets and dinner to a remote.
    If you compare it to other similar products I think is not cheap at all... especially considering that everything is in the "toaster"! In the remote there are only buttons and a display... and of course R&D :)

• Well there are a series of options that may appeal to the user of the KPR:
    If you are a person who doesn't use pedals, or wants to use your own...
    Likes having a constant tuner...
    Likes having choices or multiple effects to a switch...
    Likes a smaller footprint... (that can fit in your Kemper's carry bag)
    Likes the looper (when choosing half tempo you can get 60 seconds of stereo looping I read, one hopes they can also program a Mono for 120s)
    Likes that user-feedback can drive new features..

But the BIGGIE IMO is that you can SEE the effects you have associate with THAT specific profile and whether they are ON or OFF. You can't do that with any other foot controller. So you either remember your profiles setup perfectly from memory, or else the KPR gives you a Visual Guide!

And I suspect there is a LOT more in that display (the tuner showing cents, etc) and more that CAN be in that display!