VANISHED! SPDIF Option: Git / Master Mono

• Didn't found that option in KPA / Manual / Forum.

Only found "Git/Stack", "Git/ModLeft" and "Git/ModMono" as options.

For many situations it would be great to Record "DI" (Git) Signal and Master Mono via SPDIF.
    Most Bass players and many guitarists do not want to record in Stereo.
    But this does not mean they all don't want to include Delay and Reverb (!)

Don't understand why this option is not yet available. Or why I can't find other posts bout that topic...
    Or did I miss something?

EDIT:
    Found another Request bout this:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…-through-SPDIF-along-wit/?

Edited 2 times, last by BobbyKa ().

• It's there. I think it's "Git/Master Left" (as opposed to being called "mono")

Just checked this.
    You only get the Left Signal of the Master (as labeled).
    That this option is available confuses me even more.
    Cause I can't believe that more people need Git/Master Left than Git/Master Mono.

• Just checked this.
    You only get the Left Signal of the Master (as labeled).
    That this option is available confuses me even more.
    Cause I can't believe that more people need Git/Master Left than Git/Master Mono.

In this case, master left is master mono. Load up a single track with a mono input and assign the master left (right channel) to it. This will be a mono signal with delay and reverb applied.

• I made a mono track in cubase, Master Left as input. I got a mono signal with delay and reverb, but heard only the left side of the stereo delay, as labeled.
    U say u get a mono mix of both channels (=Master Mono)? Sure?

• You won't get a master mix of both channels. For that, you could just record master outputs left and right on separate mono tracks. You can monitor using another output altogether.

Yes.
    That's why I made a feature request.

As I wrote in my 1st post having Git/MasterMono via SPDIF would be usefull for many players.
    This way, for all cases u don't need/want stereo u get the option to record the complete, mono master signal and di track just with a single spdif cable.
    spdif feature is available, master mono also available (on analog output). just the combination is missing.

• The way I read this is that he wants the convenience of sending a master mono signal along with the raw guitar track. I can see the benefits of this as many of us record our tracks in mono but might want the option to reamp later. It would help my own work flow, although I understand there are other ways around this using the analogue outs. But not with spdif. I'm curious as what people would use the left master option for over spdif. I've obviously overlooked something...

+1 for the git/master mono spdif suggestion though.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• You want stereo delay in mono....??

The stereo delay was just an example.
    I want to record in mono with all slots.
    And I want to be able to use all effects, no matter if they are build for mono or stereo.

e.g. Tap delay. If you set two delays (4th left, 8th dot right) and use the SPDIF Master left, u only hear the 4th delay.
    But it also makes sense to have 4th delay and 8th dot delay in mono. in some cases its even better. depends on your needs.

There are reasons that there is Master Mono available for analog output.
    And I don't know why they should not count for spdif.

• OK, that makes sense. Haven't messed with the tap delay yet. In that light I understand how master mono might be desirable, other than just master left.

• another three years later, still can't find this option.
    As I don't find a lot of other threads about this topic It seems I might be the only one to miss something i thought should be the standard option for most players that use S/PDIF.
    Confuses me a lot.

• I’m with you, I use spdif and record both the kemper and the di signals. On bass and guitar.

Every time I have to change something or mess with spdif output settings I feel like I’m missing something or misunderstanding the purpose of having a single side of a stero signal instead of master mono like we have on the analog output.

I’m not bothered so much, just assumed I was doing something wrong. But I hear you, always scratch my head at that.

• Yeah, I use SPDIF and have a Master Stereo signal going in to my DAW; however, a lot of people on this forum say "record the guitar parts in mono" and therefore I also looked for a Master Mono option for SPDIF, but to no avail.

Are you meant to just open a mono track in the DAW and feed the Master Stereo SPDIF signal into that, or use a stereo track in the DAW and just pan the L and R to the same spot?